Educational institutions have a responsibility to dissuade students from pursuing fields of study in which they are unlikely to succeed.

After high school a student is often faced with the all-important question of his life " What to study and where to study?" Often the answer to what to study is backed by media reports on excellent pay packets received by students studying the subject. So educational institutions must come into play here and help students decide a proper career.

Often young students make a choice of a career depending on the remuneration he can earn from the career after graduation. If the student does not have any interest in the subject he is doomed. An educational institution should learn about the interests of the student before forcing him into careers which offer a direct track of employment. If M F Hussein had become a banker or an engineer he would probably never be as famous as he is today as a painter.

Every student has certain limitations and abilities. Young students are often not able to recognize their abilities or be truthful to themselves about their shortcomings. A student cannot be successful in all fields. There are areas where a student might be weak though he has much interest in it. If a student who is weak in Physics desires to be a Physicist he will have a tough time making a good career out of it. An education institution should make a student realize their abilities and come to terms with their shortcomings. Mayawati as beauty queen would make a great joke out of herself.

A educational institute also has the immense responsibility of making students aware of the risks and failures he may encounter in becoming successful in his chosen career. Even if a student has some talent and desire to become a movie star his dream maybe just a chimera if he is not able to back it up by prodigious talent and immense hard work.

Educational institutions must make a decision whether to dissuade a student from a particular career after a lot of discussion with the student. As such a advice if made wrong might make or break a student's life.

Sentence: After high school a student is often faced with the all-important question of his life '
Error: all-important Suggestion: all important