The effectiveness of a country's leaders is best measured by examining the well-being of that country's citizens.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.
Although the well-being of a country's citizen is a good measure for the effectiveness of a country's leader, I do disagree with the given statement. In my opinion, there is no definite way to determine how good a leader is or how effective his or her policy in, but the answer depends on many aspects and the well-being of the country's citizens - although essential and informative in most cases- is only one of these aspect.
In a general situation, well-being of the country's citizens is very informative for a draft assessment of effectiveness of this country's leaders. It is the leaders who propose and execute all social, economic, etc. policies that directly affects the life of its citizens and ultimately the satisfaction of its own citizens. For example, it is appropriate to say that the leaders of countries with high HDI (human developmental index) such as Swiss, Norway, Canada work effectively because their citizens are happy with the policies.
However, we also need to note that when the environmental factors are unfavorable such as global economic recession or wars, even an excellent politician cannot guarantee the high well-being for its own citizens. In such cases, the effectiveness of the leaders should not be determined only based on the well-being states but other factors such as impact of their policies on the future of the countries or the well-being of that country's citizen in comparison with other countries are required. For instance, Abraham Lincoln is one of the greatest President in history of America although at his time, a long-term civil war damaged the country and not many Americans were happy with his reforming policies.
In conclusion, the well-being state of a country's citizen is an important factor in assessment of effectiveness of its leader. However, we also have to take into account other factors such as impacts of the leader's policy on future of the country or/and environmental aspects to have a complete assessment about how well a politician leads his/her country.
- To understand the most important characteristics of a society, one must study its major cities.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In deve 70
- Some people believe that in order to be effective, political leaders must yield to public opinion and abandon principle for the sake of compromise. Others believe that the most essential quality of an effective leader is the ability to remain consistently 68
- The following appeared as part of a letter to the editor of a scientific journal."A recent study of eighteen rhesus monkeys provides clues as to the effects of birth order on an individual's levels of stimulation. The study showed that in stimulating situ 45
- Some people believe that government funding of the arts is necessary to ensure that the arts can flourish and be available to all people. Others believe that government funding of the arts threatens the integrity of the arts.Write a response in which you 58
- As people rely more and more on technology to solve problems, the ability of humans to think for themselves will surely deteriorate.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoni 73
No. of Different Words: 158 200
Attribute Value Ideal
Score: 4.0 out of 6
Category: Good Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 0 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 0 2
No. of Sentences: 10 15
No. of Words: 334 350
No. of Characters: 1666 1500
No. of Different Words: 158 200
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 4.275 4.7
Average Word Length: 4.988 4.6
Word Length SD: 2.945 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 126 100
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 108 80
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 75 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 52 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 33.4 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 9.521 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.7 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.453 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.668 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.179 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 4 5