The following appeared in a letter from a homeowner to a friend."Of the two leading real estate firms in our town—Adams Realty and Fitch Realty—Adams Realty is clearly superior. Adams has 40 real estate agents; in contrast, Fitch has 25, many of whom work

The following appeared in a letter from a homeowner to a friend.

"Of the two leading real estate firms in our town—Adams Realty and Fitch Realty—Adams Realty is clearly superior. Adams has 40 real estate agents; in contrast, Fitch has 25, many of whom work only part-time. Moreover, Adams' revenue last year was twice as high as that of Fitch and included home sales that averaged $168,000, compared to Fitch's $144,000. Homes listed with Adams sell faster as well: ten years ago I listed my home with Fitch, and it took more than four months to sell; last year, when I sold another home, I listed it with Adams, and it took only one month. Thus, if you want to sell your home quickly and at a good price, you should use Adams Realty."

Write a response in which you examine the stated and/or unstated assumptions of the argument. Be sure to explain how the argument depends on these assumptions and what the implications are for the argument if the assumptions prove unwarranted.

Homeowner makes the direct argument that Adams Realty is superior through the letter which he wrote to her friend. Homeowner provides the conclusion that if you want to sell your home quickly and at good price, you should use Adams Realty. But the evidence provided by the homeowner for her arguments are not strong enough. She compared two leading real estate firms with some statistics including some plausible assumptions.

While comparing between the two firms, homeowner states the last year revenue of two firms. She states that Adam's revenue last year is twice as that of the Fitch. She does not provide the detailed revenue in real estate like revenue in plot, agriculture land etc. With that she states the averaged home sells. But looking with the figures provided for home sells it clearly noted that the revenue in home sell is not twice than Fitch. If the home sell is compared with the total agents, the average home sell of each agent in Adam's realty is near about $4200 with that of Fitch is $5760. Fitch realty’s average home sell per agent is clearly greater than the Adams reality. Therefore the conclusion made by the homeowner that Adams Reality gives good price than Fitch is not really supported.

Again, the conclusion for the quick sell of home, homeowner mentioned her experience with both the firms. But the evidence provided by the homeowner is clearly flaw some. She does not consider the real estate's market conditions and changes in last ten years. Clearly, the comparison made between the market conditions before ten years and before one year does not provide the fair conclusion. The evidence that before ten year Fitch took four months to sell the home and before one year Adam took one month to sell is clearly not concluded that Adam provided the quick selling than Fitch.

In summing up, the evidences provided by the author are not strong enough to make Adams Realty clearly superior. Though Adams Realty has more revenue than Fitch Realty, it does not conclude the conclusion which homeowner concludes.

Sentence: If the home sell is compared with the total agents, the average home sell of each agent in Adam's realty is near about 4200 with that of Fitch is 5760.
Error: realty Suggestion: reality