The following appeared in a memorandum from the owner of Movies Galore, a chain of movie- rental stores."Because of declining profits, we must reduce operating expenses at Movie Galore's ten movie-rental stores. Raising prices is not a good option, since

The following appeared in a memorandum from the owner of Movies Galore, a chain of movie- rental stores.

"Because of declining profits, we must reduce operating expenses at Movie Galore's ten movie-rental stores. Raising prices is not a good option, since we are famous for our low prices. Instead, we should reduce our operating hours. Last month our store in downtown Marston reduced its hours by closing at 6:00 pm rather than 9:00 pm and reduced its overall inventory by no longer stocking any DVD released more than five years ago. Since, we have received very few customer complaints about these new policies, we should now adopt them at all other Movies Galore stores as our best strategies for improving profits.

Write a response in which you discuss what specific evidence is needed to evaluate the argument and explain how the evidence would weaken or strengthen the argument.

At first glance, the author’s claim that reducing working hours and stop stocking any DVD released more than five years ago are the best strategies for improving Movies Galore’s profit seems reasonable. However, it not only suffers from logical flaws but also it bases its conclusion upon several questionable assumptions. Before he arrives at the final conclusion, the author needs to clarify the following points.

In the first place, the author referred to the trial of reducing working hours and stopping stocking old DVD in downtown Marston. However, the outcomes by these trials are ...

No. of Words: 512 350 (write the essay in half an hour)

Argument 1 -- OK

Argument 2 -- OK

Argument 3 -- OK

Argument 4 -- OK.