The following appeared as part of a campaign to sell advertising time on a local radio station to local businesses. “The Cumquat Café began advertising on our local radio station this year and was delighted to see its business increase by 10 percent over

The following appeared as part of a campaign to sell advertising time on a local radio station to local businesses.

“The Cumquat Café began advertising on our local radio station this year and was delighted to see its business increase by 10 percent over last year’s totals. Their success shows you how you can use radio advertising to make your business more profitable.”

The argument claims that The Cumquat Café started advertising itself on a local radio station, and because of which the business of The Cumquat Café increased by 10 percent when compared in comparison to that of the business of the last year. Furthermore, the argument states that this evidence shows that by advertising business using radio, the business becomes profitable the author states that by advertising through radio, the business increases it profitability. This argument manipulates the facts and conveys a distorted view of the situation. Moreover, this argument gives only one example to conclude that radio advertising serves to make business profitable. There is clearly not much information given and fails to mention several key factors. The conclusion relies on assumption and hence the argument is weak and has several flaws.

Firstly, the argument claims that advertising on radio about The Cumquat Café helped in increase of profit by 10 percent over last year’s total by advertising through radio, the profit of The Cafe has increased by 10% over the last year's figure. This is an invalid example because there might be many more reasons due to which there was an increase in the profit. One of reasons which might be possible is that The Cumquat Café might have increased the number of items in their menu which helped them in attracting more customers and ultimately resulted in the increase in profit by 10 percent. Second reason can might be that the café has might have given some discounts on their items and might have probably started some new schemes. which were responsible for the increase for the increase of 10 percent of the profits. The argument might have been much clearer if it explicitly stated some more reasons or evidences as mentioned above. The assumption which was given by the author was weak and did not support the claim.

Secondly, the argument readily assumes that the success of The Cumquat Café was due to the advertisement given on radio. There is no clear evidence on which it could have been proved that the 10 percent profit was because of radio advertising. The Cumquat Café might have given their advertisement through many mediums such as newspaper, brochures including radio advertisement. The success might have been probably because of newspaper advertising as many people are more convinced through newspapers. The author did not mention that only because of radio there was a success. The author failed to mention that radio was the sole reason for the success of the business. Without unconvincing answers to the question, one is left with the impression that the claim is more of a wishful thinking rather than substantive evidence.

In conclusion, the argument is flawed for the above mentioned reasons and is therefore unconvincing. It could have been considerably strengthened if the author would have clearly mentioned all the relative facts about the argument, such as, the description of The Cumquat Café, performance of the café or any changes in The Cumquat Café as compared to the previous year which would have helped to access the merit to the argument. Without full knowledge of all the contributing factors in this argument, it remains unsubstantiated and open to debate.

Sentence: The argument claims that The Cumquat Caf started advertising itself on a local radio station, and because of which the business of The Cumquat Caf increased by 10 percent when compared in comparison to that of the business of the last year.
No grammatical errors

Sentence: Furthermore, the argument states that this evidence shows that by advertising business using radio, the business becomes profitable the author states that by advertising through radio, the business increases it profitability.
No grammatical errors

Sentence: This argument manipulates the facts and conveys a distorted view of the situation.
No grammatical errors

Sentence: Moreover, this argument gives only one example to conclude that radio advertising serves to make business profitable.
No grammatical errors

Sentence: There is clearly not much information given and fails to mention several key factors.
No grammatical errors

Sentence: The conclusion relies on assumption and hence the argument is weak and has several flaws.
No grammatical errors

Sentence: Firstly, the argument claims that advertising on radio about The Cumquat Caf helped in increase of profit by 10 percent over last year's total by advertising through radio, the profit of The Cafe has increased by 10 over the last year's figure.
No grammatical errors

Sentence: This is an invalid example because there might be many more reasons due to which there was an increase in the profit.
No grammatical errors

Sentence: One of reasons which might be possible is that The Cumquat Caf might have increased the number of items in their menu which helped them in attracting more customers and ultimately resulted in the increase in profit by 10 percent.
No grammatical errors

Sentence: Second reason can might be that the caf has might have given some discounts on their items and might have probably started some new schemes. which were responsible for the increase for the increase of 10 percent of the profits.
Description: The word can is not usually used as a noun, singular, common
Suggestion: Refer to can

Sentence: The argument might have been much clearer if it explicitly stated some more reasons or evidences as mentioned above.
No grammatical errors

Sentence: The assumption which was given by the author was weak and did not support the claim.
No grammatical errors

Sentence: Secondly, the argument readily assumes that the success of The Cumquat Caf was due to the advertisement given on radio.
No grammatical errors

Sentence: There is no clear evidence on which it could have been proved that the 10 percent profit was because of radio advertising.
No grammatical errors

Sentence: The Cumquat Caf might have given their advertisement through many mediums such as newspaper, brochures including radio advertisement.
No grammatical errors

Sentence: The success might have been probably because of newspaper advertising as many people are more convinced through newspapers.
No grammatical errors

Sentence: The author did not mention that only because of radio there was a success.
No grammatical errors

Sentence: The author failed to mention that radio was the sole reason for the success of the business.
No grammatical errors

Sentence: Without unconvincing answers to the question, one is left with the impression that the claim is more of a wishful thinking rather than substantive evidence.
Description: The tag a qualifier, pre is not usually followed by of
Suggestion: Refer to more and of

Sentence: In conclusion, the argument is flawed for the above mentioned reasons and is therefore unconvincing.
No grammatical errors

Sentence: It could have been considerably strengthened if the author would have clearly mentioned all the relative facts about the argument, such as, the description of The Cumquat Caf, performance of the caf or any changes in The Cumquat Caf as compared to the previous year which would have helped to access the merit to the argument.
No grammatical errors

Sentence: Without full knowledge of all the contributing factors in this argument, it remains unsubstantiated and open to debate.
No grammatical errors

No spelling errors
No spelling errors
No spelling errors
No spelling errors
No spelling errors
No spelling errors
No spelling errors
No spelling errors
No spelling errors
No spelling errors
No spelling errors
No spelling errors
No spelling errors
No spelling errors
No spelling errors
No spelling errors
No spelling errors
No spelling errors
No spelling errors
No spelling errors
No spelling errors
Error: unsubstantiated Suggestion: No alternate word

No. of Spelling Errors: 1
No. of Words: 534
No. of Different Words: 191
Average Word Length: 5.017
Word Length SD: 2.65
No. of Characters: 2679

Average Sentence Length: 24.273
Sentence Length SD: 11.744
Use of Passive Voice: 0
Use of Discourse Markers: 0.455
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.342
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.499
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.13