“Some people believe that the best approach to effective time management is to make detailed daily and long-term plans and then to adhere to them. However, this highly structured approach to work is counterproductive. Time management needs to be flexible

Many of them think that one should make long term plans and detail of one’s daily activities, so that his time is managed properly and he can perform activities systematically. On the contrary, others think that this approach is no way helpful and will give no positive results. I would completely agree with the latter group of people and would like to refute the former one. I believe that people should not plan out their daily activities and should instantly manage their time.

Firstly, I think that a person should be ever-ready. The employees especially, should be fully charged all the time. They should be ready to do any kind of work which would come up suddenly. Managing time should be flexible enough to handle it efficiently. In an organization, many unexpected circumstances arise, and at time employee should not handle their time in an efficient manner.

Secondly, long term planning and detailed structure of daily activities is not at all helpful to mange time. For instance, an employee makes his ‘to do’ list of daily activities with fixed timings. And then, suddenly his boss gives him additional work, which has to be done in a particular time. Then naturally, his timetable shakes resulting in failure or postponement of his own work. Therefore, an employee should never fix his timetable and plan out his long term activities.

Finally, this particular approach of time management does not yield productive results. This approach makes it difficult for an employee to work freely without any burden. Moreover, planning out daily work and long term analysis will result in a chaotic situation. A perfect organization should be in such a manner, where there is no work load on the employees and he is free to work independently in his own manner.

In conclusion, I would say whatever the work might be; a person should never plan out his activities. He should be always ready to face any kind of problem, at any given time. For working employees, time management has to be flexible and in any way which he likes. Therefore, I completely agree with the argument that the approach of planning and detailed daily work in ineffective and unproductive as well.

You can get 4.5 - 5.0 out of 6.0.

The big issue still sentences:

talking about 'Discourse Markers':

In linguistics, a discourse marker is a word or phrase that is relatively syntax-independent and does not change the meaning of the sentence, and has a somewhat empty meaning.[1] Examples of discourse markers include the particles "oh", "well", "now", "then", "you know", and "I mean", and the connectives "so", "because", "and", "but", and "or".[2]

In Practical English Usage Michael Swan defines a 'discourse marker' as 'a word or expression which shows the connection between what is being said and the wider context'. For him, it is something that a) connects a sentence to what comes before or after, or b) indicates a speaker's attitude to what he is saying. He gives three examples: on the other hand; frankly; as a matter of fact. [3]

Traditionally, some of the words or phrases that were considered discourse markers were treated as "fillers" or "expletives": words or phrases that had no function at all. Now they are assigned functions in different levels of analysis: topic changes, reformulations, discourse planning, stressing, hedging, or backchanneling. Those functions can be classified into three broad groups: (a) relationships among (parts of) utterances; (b) relationships between the speaker and the message, and (c) relationships between speaker and hearer. An example of the latter is the Yiddish involvement discourse marker nu, also used in Modern Hebrew and other languages, often to convey impatience or to urge the hearer to act (cf. German cognate nun, meaning "now" in the sense of "at the moment under discussion").[4]