Government officials should rely on their own judgment rather than unquestioningly carry out the will of the people they serve

Government officials should rely on their own judgment rather than unquestioningly carry out the will of the people they serve.

Governmental management functions as a valuable and fundamental component of a balanced development of any society, especially in this era of technological and economic boom coupled with the tendency of globalization leading to increasing need of management. Thus it is crutial for leaders and officials in governement to supply quality service to public general, both for our generation and also for our posterity. Nevertheless, to purport that government officials should rely on their own judgement rather than unquesioningly carry out the will of people they serve is to present an overly simplistic view.

It is true that officials working for government should have be capable and intelligent enough to judge whether a certain efforts should be make to improve living standard of people or not. That is why the proponents of the statement argue that government officials are qualified to make decisions and conduct what they believe is of great benefit to the citizens without taking what people recommend and require.

At first glance, the arguer's statement above appears to be somewhat convincing, but further reflection reveals that the argument omits some substantial concerns that need to be addressed. To strat with, the responsibility of government is not to implement what they need or what the governers considerd justifiable, in contrast, the duty of these institutions is to guarantee what their citizens need. Subsequently, a coorperative relationship between government and people is in need to expect for a harmony and flourishing of the whole society.

To further illustrate my view point, I would like to put light on a new term called consensus democracy. Consensus democracy is a concept accetped and recognized all over the world, which refers to that in formulating strategies in certain aspects of the development, government institutions ought to give primacy to their inhabitants' request and demand, therefore, when the policies are made they will be supported by the majority of members of the country. This term demonstrates that only when the majority's voices and opinions are regarded as an significant resouce for planning, the strategies and schemas made by government would ultimately serve to promote the nation.

Finally, whether should leaders of a country listen to people's opinions or follow his own beliefs should be prudently considered based on circumstances, not principles alone. In some cases, though, what the residents pursue may not be the most exigent goal for the society as an ensemble, leaders and governers should base their decisions also on their knowledge and experiences. However, to make decisions with the ingnorence of people's ideas in any nation, at any level of development is unjustifiable.

In conclusion, the balance between view point of politicians and demand in citizens is what ultimately lead to a society's prosperity.