Governments should place few, if any, restrictions on scientific research and development.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In deve

Governments should place few, if any, restrictions on scientific research and development.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, describe specific circumstances in which adopting the recommendation would or would not be advantageous and explain how these examples shape your position.

Scientific research and development are one of the most important issues in our society. A good development on the science aspects would be beneficial to the living conditions of humans. The speaker recommends government should place few restrictions on the research and development of science aspect. I concede that restrictions would undermine the development of sciences and human being. However, in some conditions, if it is foreseeable that scientific research may damage the world or deteriorate the social stability, government should place suitable restrictions on it.

Admittedly, in most of the extent, scientific research is beneficial to the society. As scientific research and development come from the innovation, the restrictions of the research would the creativity and innovative of the scientific development. For instance, Kuen Kao, the Father of Fiber Optics, has invented the fiber optics which applies in the telecommunication technology and the computer networking. His invention has improved human being’s life and provided a more stable and faster computer networking. However, if the government restricts his scientific research, people today may use a slow networking which cannot enhance the efficiency in transmission information. In short, government should not restrict on the scientific research and development which beneficial to the society and the future.

However, some scientists would try to study on the fringe sciences which might probably deteriorate the society. These kinds of sciences might conflict to the ethics and extremely controversial in the society. For instance, there was a cloning sheep, Dolly, cloned in 2003. After that, many biological scientists claim that they could clone a human being successfully. The cloning issue is an extremely controversial one in the world. Some people are worried about the uncertainty of the cloning technique would lead to unpredictable diseases. The cloning “human being” might bear great disabilities. At the same time, some people claim the cloning technology would undermine the particularity of human beings. For that matter, as the scientific research would deteriorate the ethic, governments should restrict on the scientific research and development.

Furthermore, the government should restrict on the scientific research which would lead to an extremely negative impact to human health. For instance, the Chernobyl disaster lead to several thousand people died because of exposure to the nuclear radiation. Leakage of nuclear radiation is harmful to human’s health. People would be at risk to get cancer when exposing to the nuclear radiation. The technology of nuclear radiation is not wholly controllable by the scientists. At the same time, the nuclear power might apply on the military aspect by the terrorists that may threaten the world. Governments should restrict these kinds of scientific research which is harmful to human in order to protect the citizens.

In sum, in order to provide a free innovative and creativity environment to the scientists, government should not restrict on the scientific research and development which is beneficial to the society. However, due to the uncontrollable and unpredictable consequences of the scientific research and development, government should restrict on the sciences that might deteriorate the society, harmful to human beings and even break the ethic.

Sentence: In short, government should not restrict on the scientific research and development which beneficial to the society and the future.
Description: The fragment which beneficial to is rare