An international development organization in response to a vitamin A deficiency among people in the impoverished nation of Tagus has engineered a new breed of millet high in vitamin A While seeds for this new type of millet cost more farmers will be p

The influence of cultivating a new breed of millet to in response to the deficiency of vitamin A present in the the population is a postive idea due to the following reasons.

Firstly, the incentive of the government to provide susidy for the impoverished citizens serves as a huge motivator to plant the new millet breed. As a result of the assurance of capital gain from farming the new breed, farmers are going to farm more of the enginneered breed which then leads to more consumption and causes a decline in the vitamin deficiency of the citizens.

Moreso, since millet is a common meal in the Tagus, with the introduction of the engineered breed, there would be much less public rejection compared to introduction of a organic food, or vegetable less common in the region. For example, when children are sick, the parents wraps their drug in a morsel of food for them to swallow. The familiarity of the food greatly reduces the initial barrier the body has towards taking a strange item (drug) and as such, makes it easier to ingest.

Although, one could argue that the engineered millet could not be readily accepted, as the citizens do not trust the production process and are quite weary about the effectiveness of the new millet breed. However, this apprehensiveness can easilty be affayed through the use of social media and local leaders sensitizing their subjects on the advantages and positive effects of the use of the drug.

People often go the extra mile in pusuit of an healthy body, therefore the change in variety of a staple food such as millet in Tangus would be easily integrated and hence help reduce the number of people suffering from Vitamin A deficiency.