Issue Topic:Some people believe that corporations have a responsibility to promote the well being of the societies and environments in which they operate. Others believe that the only responsibility of corporations, provided they operate within the law, is to make as much money as possible.
The author here is categorizing people into two categories, depending upon their views. He states that there is one group, referred as the small group, of people who think that the responsibility of the corporations is to look after the welfare of the premises in which they operate. On the contrary there are the remaining ones, present in majority, who believe that their mere aim is to make as much money as possible. I personally feel that the times have changed and the latter group of people are correct at their part.
In Mumbai, the issue of potholes pops up prior to every monsoon and we r...
Subscribe as testbig VIP readers and get unlimited access to essays on the top list.
- An international development organization, in response to a vitamin A deficiency among people in the impoverished nation of Tagus, has engineered a new breed of millet high in vitamin A. While seeds for this new type of millet cost more, farmers will be p50
- "Of the two leading real estate firms in our town—Adams Realty and Fitch Realty—Adams Realty is clearly superior. Adams has 40 real estate agents; in contrast, Fitch has 25, many of whom work only part-time. Moreover, Adams' revenue last year was twice as83
- Pets should be treated like family members. Do you agree or disagree with this statement. Give reasons to support your opinion80
- Argument Topic:The following appeared in an article written by Dr. Karp, an anthropologist.“Twenty years ago, Dr. Field, a noted anthropologist, visited the island of Tertia and concluded from his observations that children in Tertia were reared by an ent60
- Issue Topic:A nation should require all of its students to study the same national curriculum until they enter college.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoning for t83
It is on top list:
Attribute Value Ideal
Score: 5.0 out of 6
Category: Very Good Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 0 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 0 2
No. of Sentences: 21 15
No. of Words: 512 350
No. of Characters: 2419 1500
No. of Different Words: 252 200
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 4.757 4.7
Average Word Length: 4.725 4.6
Word Length SD: 2.547 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 143 100
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 95 80
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 60 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 42 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 24.381 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 7.847 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.429 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.287 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.525 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.125 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 5 5
How can I hit the 5.5 mark?
This is how you got 5.0:
Essay E-rater: 5.5
Human grader: 5.0 (It is a good one and it deserves 5.5, and we have put it at top list. We gave it 5.0 because of your history record)
final marks: (5.5+5.0)/2=5.0 (We don't give 5.25)
You see, there are no great difference between 5.0 and 5.5.