It is primarily through our identification with social groups that we define ourselves.

We define a particular person based on, how he behaves in the social group rather than what is his real nature. People tend to define a personality only based on their experience with him. Yes, i agree with author's claim that we define ourselves, primarily through identification with social groups.

When we are asked about a person, we define him only based on, how he behave with us or in a group. How does he interact with us, rather than what is his actual character. For example: a person can be very rude in nature but he may not show up socially because it may affect his reputation. When we are asked about that person personality, we define him as a calm and polite person though he is not so. Consider Mr. Mahatma Gandhi, though he was known as Father of India and renowned personality for non-violence through out the globe. How many of us know that, he has tortured his wife in his earlier days of marriage. Could anyone believe it, with the way, he has socially presented himself after that. Impossible, he was courteous man socially but his actual nature was different. One of the book "Sexual torment of a saint" even claims that. If we could ask someone who hasn't learned about Gandhi's life completely. He will describe him as a great personality though even he has a darker unknown side. Hence, how we present our-self socially, is what will define us.

Though primarily, we are defined based on our identification in the society. It shouldn't be so, people has to consider his personal life and character before defining someone. For example: I had a friend, who was known for him miserliness. People tend to tease him badly, he was socially known for his miserliness. No one every bothered to study him, he has to take care of his whole family, such a big responsibility in young age. People never bothered about it. Before defining someone, we have consider other part of his life as well.

Summing it up, though primarily people are defined based on our identification in the social groups. It shouldn't be the only aspect, to define someone. We have to consider other aspects of him as well because many people tend to fake their personality in social life.

Sentence: When we are asked about a person, we define him only based on, how he behave with us or in a group.
Description: The fragment he behave with is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace behave with verb, past tense

Sentence: How does he interact with us, rather than what is his actual character.
Description: The fragment he interact with is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace interact with verb, past tense

Sentence: Before defining someone, we have consider other part of his life as well.
Description: A verb 'to have', uninflected present tense, infinitive or is not usually followed by a verb, base: uninflected present, imperative or infinitive
Suggestion: Refer to have and consider

Read this link about sentence length SD:
http://www.testbig.com/question/questions-about-essay-e-rater

You may change the text editor.