A jazz music club in Monroe would be a tremendously profitable enterprise Currently the nearest jazz club is 65 miles away thus the proposed new jazz club in Monroe the C Note would have the local market all to itself Plus jazz is extremely popular in Mon

It might seem logical at the first glance to agree with the author's argument in which the proposed C-Note jazz club would make a profit as a result of the lack of competition because jazz is quite popular in Monroe. The author of this argument on what might be less credible and even unproven assumption to support his/her claim that I will distinguish them below.

To begin with, the argument relies on a weak analogy. Citing the profit of a jazz club already in existence, the author notes that establishing a new jazz club named C-Note will be profitable. What if provided services in the old club are affordable for the residents of Monroe. What if the old one has employed experienced and fancy waiters that attract more customers. In these cases, building a new jazz club will not secure to make any profit and might not have been a sensible idea. To strengthen his/her argument, the author should benefit from answering these types of questions.

One more problem with the argument is that the author mentions that jazz is extremely popular and over 100000 people attended in annual's jazz festival. The scope and validity of this study are not clear. what were the age demographics of attendance? How old were they? Were they senior citizens or young people? The statistic may not have been representative of all residents. the aging citizens or young children may not have been accounted for in this statistic. We just do not know. Unless the given statistics is fully representative, valid, and reliable, it can not be used to effectively back the author's argument.

To recapitulate, despite the argument suffering from several problems and is unconvincing, we can not absolutely rely on it or refuse it without pursuing any additional assumption and reasoning. the author can strengthen his/her assertion by changing states referred to the mentioned solutions. Without these changes, the argument is implausible and the reasoning is faulty.