A nation should require all of its students to study the same national curriculum until they enter college

The author asserts that the diversity in school curriculum must be allowed only when students enter college.I subscribe to this view that students must be taught the same subjects till they enter college,where they can choose any course they want.

At a younger age, students are less mature and may not be sure of what they might want to become. If a child is asked a question of what he/she wishes to become, the reply is an astronaut, a doctor, an artist or an engineer and so on.But as they age, their goals and desires keep changing.Hence, it is extremely important for a child to be exposed to all possible fields. This variety will help the child explore different options or possible careers that the child would wish to pursue. A standard curriculum with different fields will hence assure that all students throughout the nation would be equally exposed the all possible subjects.Also, if different curriculums are being followed then some students studying in a school may not be aware of certain subjects which they may be interested in which may be taught elsewhere.This would be a great disadvantage to these students whereas an advantage for others.This partiality must be avoided.Instead of having schools which follow different curriculums, a standard curriculum must be enforced so that children are being taught the same subjects and hence there is no partiality .Let us consider the following scenario.

A student who can afford expensive schools will be giving excellent training in a variety of subjects.This student may become a virtuoso in all these fields and may have a brighter future.On the other hand a student who cannot afford much will enroll into an average school were the subjects taught may not be diverse.This would cause the student to lose out on valuable education which could effect his/her future drastically.Even if the student was smart, the curriculum may hinder his/her ability to perform well in the future.

Many other reasons exist why a standard curriculum must be followed.If students migrate from one place to another within a country it may be very difficult for students to adapt to the new curriculum.If exams must be conducted to evaluate a students aptitude, the standard which must be followed may be ambiguous.It may also be biased if the content for the exam is taken from the curriculum followed in certain schools.This would be a great disadvantage for students in other schools as they would not only have to study their own curriculum but also another curriculum as the would have no other choice.

In conclusion, a standard curriculum would ensure impartiality.It would also give children a choice to choose what they want to become, as by the time they enter college they would know what they want to pursue and enter into the right college which may be have specialization in certain courses.Hence a standard curriculum can be great advantage to all students irrespective of their backgrounds and give everyone an equal opportunity.

Sentence: This would be a great disadvantage for students in other schools as they would not only have to study their own curriculum but also another curriculum as the would have no other choice.
Description: The token the is not usually followed by a modal auxillary
Suggestion: Refer to the and would

Don't put a space before punctuation marks.
Always put a space after punctuation marks. E-rater is sensitive.