A nation should require all of it's students to study the same national curriculum until they enter collegeWrite a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoning for the position

A nation should require all of it's students to study the same national curriculum until they enter college

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoning for the position you take.

A curriculum designed for the students of any nation should be robust and cater to the needs changing environment and educational requirements. Limiting the students to study the same curriculum will not be beneficial to the students due to variegated factors prevalent in the society and nation as a whole.

A well formulated curriculum should encompass all the basic requirements of the education required by the students and also try to include some extra curricular elements within it. Forcing the students to study only a single curriculum will limit the scope of studies of the children of the nation. It is during their education in schools that the students get to learn about the opportunities they can persue once they pass out of school. If we try and make everyone study the same curriculum by every student in the country, this may hamper a student's ability to learn and think differently in a way that is not desirable.

Moreover, if we consider a nation as a whole, we have different regions where some students may be inclined to learn about the local culture such as arts and language. A single curriculum will not be able to address these variations and thus the students will be devoid of learning they want to be inculcated within them. After all, it is these varied interests and studies that enable them to choose a major for their college. For example, if a student wants to learn a foreign language during his/her schooling and a single curriculum doesn't have the option to do so, he/she would be deprived to something which is of interest to him/her.

An important aspect of a single curriculum, although, cannot be neglected - a uniformity in the curriculum will ensure a systematic evaluation of the students, which may in turn give the student an idea of his/her standing in the entire crowd. But evaluation has relatively less importance when we consider the future college and career options for the benefit of the student.

On the whole, it is always a better practice to include a variety of aspects in the curriculum of students and give the proper exposure required for an overall development. Such development is not feasible on a nationwide scale and has to be done at different levels rather than a single national education curriculum.

Sentence: It is during their education in schools that the students get to learn about the opportunities they can persue once they pass out of school.
Error: persue Suggestion: pursue

The topic is for old GRE.

This the right topic for new GRE:

"A nation should require all of its students to study the same national curriculum until they enter college."
-
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, describe specific circumstances in which adopting the recommendation would or would not be advantageous and explain how these examples shape your position.

There are great changes in new GRE topics.