A nation should require all of its students to study the same national curriculum until they enter college.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, describe specific circumstances in which adopting the recommendation would or would not be advantageous and explain how these examples shape your position.
Education is the foundation of a country's development as it plays the role of enlightenment of it's young generation that would help shape the nations future. Any student chooses his career path based on the knowledge he gains at school and the subjects that interests him the most. In my opinion, the notion that every individual is compulsorily enforced to study a standard set of curriculum is imprudent.
It is agreeable that a standard curriculum is followed until the secondary school, however there is a need for division into groups or streams for dedicated specialized studies based on the interest and the future roadmap of an individual. The student is expected to realize his areas of strength and professional goals and take up specialized field in science, commerce, arts or literature. This would help an individual take up a more focused approach and better understand the field which in which he/she wants to pursue further studies.
An example could be of an individual with a liking for engineering domain. In my view, although it is necessary for him to know the basics of all the aspects of life including history, geography, literature and sciences, it is sufficient to learn these subjects till secondary school.It is unfruitful for him to dedicate extra efforts on indepth review of subjects not related to his domain. It is advisable that he gives more attention to Physics, mathematics and chemistry. This could only be achieved if a structured choice of disciplines is provided for students to take up before they actually enter college.
Moreover, an insightful study of one field would help achieve an entry to college, making the entrance examinations more focused on one field rather than making a general test. This would help identification of potential candidates to colleges much easier in the long run.
However, on the hindsight the drawbacks of such a system might be a more complex academic structure and difficulty of score comparison in cases where inter disciplinary courses would require there high school grades to be considered. As they have taken up different subjects at high school, an exact comparison of scores would be difficult to setup.
In conclusion, in interest of the students field of study and to speed up the learning curve in the college, it is advisable to have a common syllabus until secondary school and a specialized streams system in high school.
- The following appears in a letter to the editor for the West Lansburg News: "The tufted groundhog lives in the coastal wetlands of West Lansburg. Ancient records suggest that the tufted groundhog once numbered in the millions. Since they were declared a w 75
- Some people believe that corporations have a responsibility to promote the well-being of the societies and environments in which they operate. Others believe that the only responsibility of corporations, provided they operate within the law, is to make as 58
- The real talent of a popular musician cannot accurately be assessed until the musician has been dead for several generations, so that his or her fame does not interfere with honest assessment.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you a 75
- The following appeared in a health newsletter."A ten-year nationwide study of the effectiveness of wearing a helmet while bicycling indicates that ten years ago, approximately 35 percent of all bicyclists reported wearing helmets, whereas today that numbe 40
- The following appeared in a memorandum from the owner of Movies Galore, a chain of movie-rental stores."In order to reverse the recent decline in our profits, we must reduce operating expenses at Movies Galore's ten movie-rental stores. Since we are famou 70
Attribute Value Ideal
Score: 5.0 out of 6
Category: Very Good Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 0 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 0 2
No. of Sentences: 15 15
No. of Words: 400 350
No. of Characters: 1980 1500
No. of Different Words: 206 200
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 4.472 4.7
Average Word Length: 4.95 4.6
Word Length SD: 2.836 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 148 100
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 118 80
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 86 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 57 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 26.667 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 10.971 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.467 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.322 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.625 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.118 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 6 5