Nature's Way, a chain of stores selling health food and other health-related products, is opening its next franchise in the town of Plainsville. The store should prove to be very successful: Nature's Way franchises tend to be most profitable in areas wher

Nature's Way, a chain of stores selling health food and other health-related products, is opening its next franchise in the town of Plainsville. The store should prove to be very successful: Nature's Way franchises tend to be most profitable in areas where residents lead healthy lives, and clearly Plainsville is such an area. Plainsville merchants report that sales of running shoes and exercise clothing are at all-time highs. The local health club has more members than ever, and the weight training and aerobics classes are always full. Finally, Plainsville's schoolchildren represent a new generation of potential customers: these schoolchildren are required to participate in a fitness-for-life program, which emphasizes the benefits of regular exercise at an early age.

Write a response in which you examine the stated and/or unstated assumptions of the argument. Be sure to explain how the argument depends on these assumptions and what the implications are for the argument if the assumptions prove unwarranted.

Although this argument concluding that the Nature's Way store opening in the town of Plainsville should be prove to be very successful seems to be sensible, it is logically flawed. It is based on the premises that Nature's Way franchises tend to be most profitable in areas where residents lead healthy lives, and clearly Plainsville is such an area, that Plainsville merchants report that sales of running shoes and exercise clothing are at all-time highs, that the local health club has more members than ever, and the weight training and aerobics classes are always full , and that schoolchildren are required to participate in a fitness-for-life program, which emphasizes the benefits of regular exercise at an early age, which makes them a new generation of potential customers. However, there are many underlying assumotions, explaining in the following paragraphes.

First, the assumptions that leading healthy lives makes the residents buy health food and other health-related products in the store. There is possibility that people wants to eat vegetables, rices, sodium-low food which people cook on their own. Moreover, maybe they just eat vegetales which they plant in their own garden. This urely let the goods in the store hard to be sold, and the business is bad.

Second, the assumptions that the report that sales of running shoes and exercise clothing are at all-time highs indicates loves of exercising of the inhabitants. It may be just a fashion, stirred by the ads. In addition, people might be encouraged by sportspeople on TV shows, and cramed into the store for the latest shoes and clothing. However, after purchasing them, they just keep acting like couch potato. It weaken the statement that residents in Plainsville lead healthy lives, and the business of the store will be uncertain.

Third, the asumptions that the facts the weight training and aerobics classes are always full imply that people living there prefer to exercise. Despite that it the classes are full, there may be just a few people anttending the classes. For example, there may be just two classes, one for weight training and the other for aerobics, containing 10 people each. As a result, only twenty people in all exercise in these two classes, contraty to probably ten thousand inhabitants in the town. Is it absurd? As a consequence, the preferance of practicing one's own body is still a question, and the concreteness of being profitable is worth doubt, again.

In the end, this argument focusing on the Nature's Way store opening in the town of Plainsville should be successful is rather weak. However, if the assumptions that leading healthy lives makes the residents buy health food and other health-related products in the store, that the report that sales of running shoes and exercise clothing are at all-time highs indicates loves of exercising of the inhabitants, and that the facts the weight training and aerobics classes are always full imply that people living there prefer to exercise be testified, the argument will be greatly strengthen. Therefor, without futher reinforcement, it is hard to be accepted.

Sentence: It weaken the statement that residents in Plainsville lead healthy lives, and the business of the store will be uncertain.
Description: The fragment It weaken the is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace weaken with verb, past tense

Sentence: However, there are many underlying assumotions, explaining in the following paragraphes.
Error: paragraphes Suggestion: No alternate word
Error: assumotions Suggestion: assumptions

Sentence: Moreover, maybe they just eat vegetales which they plant in their own garden.
Error: vegetales Suggestion: vegetates

Sentence: This urely let the goods in the store hard to be sold, and the business is bad.
Error: urely Suggestion: ?

Sentence: Third, the asumptions that the facts the weight training and aerobics classes are always full imply that people living there prefer to exercise.
Error: asumptions Suggestion: assumptions

Sentence: As a consequence, the preferance of practicing one's own body is still a question, and the concreteness of being profitable is worth doubt, again.
Error: preferance Suggestion: preference

Sentence: Therefor, without futher reinforcement, it is hard to be accepted.
Error: futher Suggestion: further

No. of Words: 508 350 (Less words in first and last paragraphs)

Read this user's essays. It has problems initially, but the user managed the essays very well now. Think about why the user did good now.

http://www.testbig.com/users/fiddo