The perceived greatness of any political leader has more to do with the challenges faced by that leader than with any of his or her inherent skills and abilities.ISSUE ESSAY GRE

The perceived greatness of any political leader has more to do with the challenges faced by that leader than with any of his or her inherent skills and abilities.
ISSUE ESSAY GRE

When the time of the election has come we are all facing the difficult task to choose a political figure who is “again” probably not going to solve any political issues and hide behind excuses for his own failures. But as often we are blinded by the charisma and acting skills of those great political leader. Nevertheless we are still in hope to see once again in our lifetime a J.F. Kennedy, A. Lincoln or G. Washington during those tough times.

On one hand, I feel that we have been to many time betrayed by a leader’s promesses to resolve issue that any educated individual will know for a fact isn’t solvable. Francois Hollande elected in early 2012 as the new French president is one example of too many. He’s a mediocre politician, victim of mockery and an unreliable person; however he used the complex challenges France was facing at his advantage to rally the majority of voters in his favour. It was a shock for many of us because the previous president, Nicolas Sarkozy, had been building something stable during his terms for the long term. And F. Hollande as soon elected wiped out all the good work done.

On the other hand, we have seen, not enough time though, a political figure who is indeed a great leader due to his inherent skills. Despite his political views cost him his live, J.F. Kennedy is the most recent proof of such a leader. He was great speecher and understood the people because he listened. At that time he was going to end the Vietnam War whose’s great number of American people were against.

As mentioned throughout this essay, the perceived greatness of a political leader can be due the challenges faced or thanks to his inherent skills.

For GRE issue essays, it is better to have 450 words.