Scandals are useful because they focus our attention on problems in ways that no speaker or reformer ever could.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be

Scandals are useful because they focus our attention on problems in ways that no speaker or reformer ever could.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to address the most compelling reasons and/or examples that could be used to challenge your position.

Scandals can be viewed as a red line that separates the good from the bad. Scandals place the culprits in a disapproval zone more than any speaker or reformer could. They are self-evident and speak louder than words. They question the integrity of people in the society.

Today, especially in politics, politicians use the tool of scandals to discredit their opponents. The case of former President Bill Clinton and Monica Lewisky readily comes to mind. The opposing party cashed in on the case and tried to belittle the office of the president. I am not sure how the case ended but the fact remains that the president stained his image before the society by that singular act. An opposing speaker only needs to recite the scandal to buttress his point.

The media also use it to expose the high and mighty in the society. Most print and TV media hunt for it to make stunning headlines. They feel that they can sell more if they are able to capture scandals in the society. In so doing they focus our attention on the problems of the society. The loss of the person involved in scandals is a gain to the media. So they will continue to search for scandals and consequently draw attention to the problems more than anyone can speak about.

Though, scandals are seen as a vice but it can be useful in life. We do not need to make all the mistakes in life to learn from them. When you analyze the mistakes other make, it acts as a compass to direct you on how to behave in the society.

Another usefulness of scandal is the ability to inform of us about the integrity of people seeking public and political office. For instance, in the time of election, the society use scandal to measure the trustworthiness of the contenders and make a fair judgments on who to elect into office. A man, who is unable to control his shortcomings, definitely will not be trusted with public positions.

In role modeling and mentoring, young ones use scandal to sample the kind of model they would like to copy. When they are guided through the dos and don’ts of the society, they promise to be a better generation.

In summary, though scandals focus our attention to problems in ways that no speaker could but it should not be used as a means to an end. A scandal free society that exemplifies good people and leadership would create even a better society than any scandal would.

read this link: http://www.testbig.com/question/questions-about-essay-e-rater