Success, whether academic or professional, involves an ability to survive in a new environment and, eventually, to change it.

Success means to achieve what is desired. Change is inevitable. In every phase of life, there is change. A person has to adapt to the changes whether it is change in environment or changes in existing life. Only then he can adapt to survive and modify as the situation allows.

Success is not the same for every individual. As the person grows, his goals and targets are bound to change. Success can mean to achieve different goals in each phase of his life. In academic life, success is to achieve the highest marks. In joining college, success is to achieve admission in the desired field. Getting a job would again be a success after successful completion of graduation from college. In professional life, success would be to achieve desired targets and rise up the ladder in organization through promotions.

One cannot achieve the fruit of success merely by sitting idle or remaining complacent with his achievements. Person has to diligently work towards gaining knowledge in his respective field and help contribute in the organization. A person has to adapt to environment in his office. There may be different kinds of people in his office. Some subordinates would be mellow in behaviour while some might be contumacious and domineering in their attitude. A person has to adjust to such situations in office and at times face them intrepidly.

Success and Failures are part of life. Whenever a person encounters failure, he should not get bogged down by it. Instead he should consider failure as the step to success and persistently work towards his target which can eventually lead him to success. In this way, the person learns to adjust in his difficult times and from his mistakes, he acquires the ability to judge what is right and wrong in his methods.

Thus, adaptability is needed to survive in a constantly changing milieu. Only then can person achieve the pinnacle of success. Obstacles would come in a person’s life. Only if the person has the courage to face and walk through it without fear to achieve his goals brings success in his every step of life.