True success can be measured primarily in terms of the goals one sets for oneself Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take In developing and sup

True success can be measured primarily in terms of the goals one sets for oneself.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

Success in any endeavor is not only determined by the final result, but the path through which on arrives the result. Goal planning is an important part of any work. A 'goal' is defined as the deadline that one must achieve in due course of his work, towards satisfying his ultimate desire. Also, the final goal is achieved, primarily be setting up short term goals and striving hard to achieve them. The worth of a success can be measured only, in terms of the goals that one sets for oneself and not the acclaim that success brings to a person.

First of all, goals can be divided into two major categories - short term goals and long term goals. People, often must strive hard, to meet the short term goals. By splitting up the work, into subtasks, we can easily complete the final work. Consequently, short term goals, often have deadlines that have to be met in few days. Thus, the concept of short term goals motivates the person, and keeps him in track. Because, goals are set, it is highly unlikely that the person will fall out of track. Thus, this systematic process, obviously results in success. For instance, freshers who opt for employment, are often questioned about their short term and long term goals. By having an idea of what would a person like to be, five years from that point of time, we can have an idea of the goals of that person.

Additionally, success can be measured, only by the type of goals one sets for himself. There are many ways, to attain the same goal. For instance, if a person wants to become a billionaire, he can do so in multiple ways: he can loot a bank and become rich in a day; he can toil for days together and become rich gradually. Hence, the path which a person takes, in due course of achieving his goal, plays an important role in measuring its effectiveness. Though, both kinds of people - the one who toils arduously in a moral way and the one who tries to reach his goal illegally - achieve success, at the end, it is the nature of goal that differentiates one person from the other. "True" success is said to be achieved, only when it is obtained through rightful means.

Moreover, success obtained through illegal means, do not stay with a person for ever. The person's image slowly tends to get tarnished, as and when his misdeeds are brought into picture. For instance, if a politician indulges in corruption and comes to power. Later, if his acts of corruption, is brought into picture, it will cause serious consequences for the politican and it will even mar his possibilities of winning in the forthcoming elections. Only true success, though obtained through arduous goals, spanning over years of time will remain with the person forever and speak of his glory.

Setting goals saves time and avoids any kind of deviation that people can encounter. Because goals are there to be fulfilled at each stage, people will hardly be distracted and this focus will contribute a lot towards their success. For instance, if a child aspires to become a Computer Scientist - he must first complete his schooling with high scores; then, he ought to do his undergraduate degree in a reputed institute; after which, he must enroll in one of the top graduate schools, pursue his research and subsequently fulfill his dreams. At each stage, he must remain motivated and the final goal must never be forgotten. Because the path taken is more important to achieve success, setting up goals, makes us understand the important of hardwork towards success.

Some may argue, that setting up goals, limits our creativity and makes us live in a mechanized world. But, if no goals are set, people will not have any idea of what to do; they will just go doing things in a haphazard manner and end up in nothing. Hence, to streamline our actions, goals are necessary. If goals are set properly, we can even try to excel in our desired field with extraordinary skills; if there is time left for leisure, they can be used constructively in carrying out tasks, that contribute to achieving our ultimate goal.

Therefore, setting up goals makes us take the right path; saves time; avoids any kind of distraction and ensures focus; creates more room for improvement. Goals are those which define our life. Without planning out goals, nothing can be achieved. "Plan out your work and work out your plan" goes a saying. If a work is well begun, it is almost half done. Hence, before plunging into any task, setting up goals, guarantees success, provided we chart out a plan listing the goals to be achieved at each point of time.

Sentence: Setting goals saves time and avoids any kind of deviation that people can encounter.
Description: The fragment goals saves time is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace saves with verb, base: uninflected present, imperative or infinitive

Sentence: Hence, before plunging into any task, setting up goals, guarantees success, provided we chart out a plan listing the goals to be achieved at each point of time.
Description: The fragment , provided we is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace provided with verb, base: uninflected present, imperative or infinitive
Description: The word chart is not usually used as a verb, base: uninflected present, imperative or infinitive
Suggestion: Refer to chart

Sentence: Later, if his acts of corruption, is brought into picture, it will cause serious consequences for the politican and it will even mar his possibilities of winning in the forthcoming elections.
Error: politican Suggestion: politician