Two years ago, radio station WCQP in Rockville decided to increase the number of call-in advice programs that it broadcast; since that time, its share of the radio audience in the Rockville listening area has increased significantly. Given WCQP's recent

Two years ago, radio station WCQP in Rockville decided to increase the number of call-in advice programs that it broadcast; since that time, its share of the radio audience in the Rockville listening area has increased significantly. Given WCQP's recent success with call-in advice programming, and citing a nationwide survey indicating that many radio listeners are quite interested in such programs, the station manager of KICK in Medway recommends that KICK include more call-in advice programs in an attempt to gain a larger audience share in its listening area.

Inspired by the success of WCOP, station manager of KICK advises its company to increase call-in advice programs .Before deciding that station manager's advice is reasonable or not, it is important to look for answers of following questions: Whether the success of WCOP in Rockville was only due to its increase in call-in advice programs ? Secondly, Is nation wide survey is an effective representation of choice of people in Medway? Only answering these questions would reveal the effectiveness of station manager's recommendation.

Station manager credits success of WCOP to its increase in...