Two years ago, radio station WCQP in Rockville decided to increase the number of call-in advice programs that it broadcast; since that time, its share of the radio audience in the Rockville listening area has increased significantly. Given WCQP's recent s

Two years ago, radio station WCQP in Rockville decided to increase the number of call-in advice programs that it broadcast; since that time, its share of the radio audience in the Rockville listening area has increased significantly. Given WCQP's recent success with call-in advice programming, and citing a nationwide survey indicating that many radio listeners are quite interested in such programs, the station manager of KICK in Medway recommends that KICK include more call-in advice programs in an attempt to gain a larger audience share in its listening area.
Write a response in which you discuss what questions would need to be answered in order to decide whether the recommendation and the argument on which it is based are reasonable. Be sure to explain how the answers to these questions would help to evaluate the recommendation.

The author in the prompt says that the KICK station in Medway has also put up a plan to increase call-in advice programs in order to gain a larger audience share in the listening area. The reason behind this recommendation is stated as the rise in the listening audience of WCQP radio station in Rockville by increasing such programs. Another reason mentioned for the recommendation is a nationwide survey that has indicated that many radio listeners are quite interested in such programs. However, there are many questions that need to be asked and answered to justify the recommendation.

What was the sample size of the nationwide survey that was conducted? Since the sample size of the survey is not mentioned, one cannot be sure as to how many listeners are actually interested in such programs because if the survey has, for example, a sample size of 5000 people and the 75% of the respondents favor the call-in advice programs, then it can be counted as a misleading indication for the nation as a whole. Also, the survey conducted two years ago might not be a good indication of the current trends and choices of people in a given area.

Also another question that needs to be answered is whether the population in Medway has the same choice of programs as those in Rockville? It isn’t necessary that if people in Rockville like call-in advice program that folks in Medway will have the same taste. The radio manager could have conducted a local poll to get himself handy of the choice and preferences of local people. Thus if a local poll would have been conducted, it would have helped the manager make a proper recommendation according to the poll results.

Thus, discussed above are a few questions that need to be answered for the recommendation to be proved reasonable or unreasonable. Ultimately, the recommendation of the KICK station manager could have been more reasonable and justified if he supports it with latest poll results showing the current taste of people in Medway.

You may put one more reason to support to get higher marks.