Universities should require every student to take a variety of courses outside the student's field of study.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to address the most compelling reasons and/or examples that could be used to challenge your position
In 21st century successful person means multitalented, multifunctional person. This means that you should have knowledge of other fields outside your main area. University is the place where we all get knowledge.So,due to demand of multitalented person university should require every student to take variety of courses outside the field of study.
Nowadays, engineering is one the demanding field of study and it has many branches example - Civil Engineering, Electrical engineering, Mechanical engineering etc.Suppose a student of electrical engineering who only studied electrical engineering subject in university. But when he will join industry then he has to consider a lot of other factors like optimum cost, environmental impact etc.However he only studied electrical engineering during university time. He will not be able to handle effects of other factors. But if he had studied some financial and environmental courses then he could have done this task effectively.
One of the most important benefits of knowledge of other field is multiple options for higher education. Sometime we see that after opting particular field of study student interest got changed and in future he decides to pursue career in different field that time it will be beneficial for him to knowledge of some other subjects. Suppose one person who has done bachelors in engineering but in future he wants to do MBA.So it will be beneficial for him to have knowledge of financial and management subjects.
Besides above benefits we can also get social benefits. I think that attending classes in various subjects, participating in group projects and team work, can help a student to establish relation with people of different backgrounds and interests. These relationships can be helpful in future professional career.
To conclude, I would say that due to demand of multitalented person in industry, for better and broad future prospects of student and expansion of social circle. Universities should require every student to take a variety of courses outside the student's field of study. It will help to increase productivity in industry consequently it will help in the development of society and country.
- Fifteen years ago, Omega University implemented a new procedure that encouraged students to evaluate the teaching effectiveness of all their professors. Since that time, Omega professors have begun to assign higher grades in their classes, and overall stu 85
- People's behavior is largely determined by forces not of their own making.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting 47
- The following appeared as a letter to the editor from a Central Plaza store owner."Over the past two years, the number of shoppers in Central Plaza has been steadily decreasing while the popularity of skateboarding has increased dramatically. Many Central 80
- The increasingly rapid pace of life today causes more problems than it solves.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and suppor 67
- The following is a recommendation from the Board of Directors of Monarch Books."We recommend that Monarch Books open a café in its store. Monarch, having been in business at the same location for more than twenty years, has a large customer base because i 70
Sentence: Nowadays, engineering is one the demanding field of study and it has many branches example - Civil Engineering, Electrical engineering, Mechanical engineering etc.Suppose a student of electrical engineering who only studied electrical engineering subject in university.
Description: A noun, plural, common is not usually followed by a noun, singular, common
Suggestion: Refer to branches and example
Attribute Value Ideal
Score: 4.0 out of 6
Category: Good Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 1 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 0 2
No. of Sentences: 16 15
No. of Words: 348 350
No. of Characters: 1817 1500
No. of Different Words: 173 200
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 4.319 4.7
Average Word Length: 5.221 4.6
Word Length SD: 2.998 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 141 100
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 113 80
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 75 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 56 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 21.75 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 9.959 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.438 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.337 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.608 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.213 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 5 5