Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoning for the position you take In developing and supporting your position describe specific circumstances in which adopting the r

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, describe specific circumstances in which adopting the recommendation would or would not be advantageous and explain how these examples shape your position.

Governments should focus on solving the immediate problems of today rather than on trying to solve the anticipated problems of the future

Problems facing governments nowadays are different from old ones that most of them have great impact on their nations on the short and long run. Immediate and anticipated problems are mutually exclusive; they depend on each other to a great extent. That’s why the greatest effort should be on immediate problems to decrease the long term problems. Therefore I agree that governments should focus on solving immediate problems of today rather than solving anticipated problems of the future.

To begin with any government will not be able to solve anticipated problems and leave current problems facing their nations and hindering their development. They should begin first with solving basic problems related to infrastructure, employment, food and fuel availability and health care. This kind of problems may expose any country to greater obstacles if not solved and handled. Therefore governments should begin with categorizing their problems and prioritize them according to importance.

Second, the main responsibility for any government is to provide a safer life to its people. Citizens have the right to live in a place where the level is pollution is controlled. Clean air and water are from the ongoing problems facing all the governments worldwide. They might expose the people to diseases and increase death rates. For instance, these problems are facing most developing countries in Africa, as Tanzania, Somalia and many others. Governments are not able to control these issues and therefore instead of looking forward for development, these problems are becoming exaggerated.

On the other hand, developed countries overcame this stage from long years. They are providing their nations with all necessary requirements to be able to live in a good place and they are trying to give them more. To be a leading country like the United States of America, just concentrating on current problems will not give it this competitive advantage of being the leader and the greatest power in the world. That’s why they are working very hard on anticipating problems which prevents catastrophe before it happens. For example, the necessary actions that were taken when Sandy Hurricane hit the east coast, if the government did not anticipate the problem, the consequences would have been greater.

To conclude, although anticipating problems is very important and helpful in many cases the focus should be first on immediate problems because governments will not be able to look forward for the future and leave gaps in the present. Governments of developing countries should devote their efforts on immediate problems, while governments of developed countries have already passed this stage and they are devoting their efforts for anticipating future problems.

It is a good one.