Young people should be encouraged to pursue long-term, realistic goals rather than seek immediate fame and recognition.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the po

Young people should be encouraged to pursue long-term, realistic goals rather than seek immediate fame and recognition.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position

The Author here rightly states that young people should be encouraged to pursue long-term, realistic goals rather than seek immediate fame and recognition, and I totally agree with his statement. However, we have no doubt that fame and recognition are of the major signs of success for most people generally and young people specifically. They motivate people to succeed and reach their goals but they have to be based on a strong goal.

There is no doubt that the youth are the main source for the country’s progress and therefore have a major effect on its economy. The government should have a development plan for awareness of the importance of establishing goals and have the persistence to achieve it. These young people should be encouraged to plan their future and pursue long term goals from early time. This could be done by sessions at school about successful figures in the country and in the whole world and prove to them that they have been successful and famous because they moved towards the achievement of their long-term goals. Schools and colleges should work hard along with the students to help them develop their competencies and strengthen their weaknesses. Young people should know those scientists, physicians, engineers, politicians and all the successful people even artists and famous athletics gained recognition because they planned their career and had a long-term goal. Their achievements were not and will not be forgotten.

In contrast, having a dream of just being famous and immediate recognition without having the strong base for these young people to follow could have counterproductive results for them. Most teenagers have a dream of being famous like the celebrities they admire, and this is part of their dream they want to pursue. Immediate fame and recognition will be temporary and will vanish with time, although they could give the motive for being successful but when moving in parallel with a successful plan for the future. For instance, some people just want to be famous and they choose to work on advertisements so they can be famous and well-known, meet celebrities and appear on televisions. Unfortunately, it will happen but will not last because they just sought of the shortest and quickest way to be famous without thinking of a long-term goal that has an important effect on the society that it can make them successful, famous and gained recognition.

Finally, world is moving so fast and everyone seems to be in haste to achieve his goals. Young people have to be motivated to have a plan for their long-term goals since this plan will be the start for being famous and gain recognition and success that will last. They should know that seeking immediate fame and recognition will vanish quickly if not based on a strong plan

Sentence: There is no doubt that the youth are the main source for the country's progress and therefore have a major effect on its economy.
Description: The fragment that the youth is not usually followed by are
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace are with is