105. Claim: Imagination is a more valuable asset than experience.
Reason: People who lack experience are free to imagine what is possible without the constraints of established habits and attitudes.
In the above statement the author put forward a debate comparing the importance between the imagination and the knowledge. According to his claim, knowledge is nothing but the aggregation of the facts, information and the experience. Whereas imaginations can be defined as new ideas, concepts or trends. However, to draw a conclusion regarding the importance between these two subject matter is not a straight forward thing, rather it demands in depth discussion.
The world is advancing daily in every field and the past achievements play a significant role in the new discoveries being made worldwide. The people working in any field of endeavor are motivated by the formers of that particular field. As the great scientist Newton said, ”We make progress on the shoulder of our formers.”
Even seemingly new technologies without directly relevant precedents are based on previous researches. It is easy to misunderstand some exceptional areas of science might not have any concrete base ground of previous achievements: Before the first journey of human to the moon, there were not any previous achievement in this field and, even the basic concept of this technology would rarely come to the mind of our ancestors. However, the explorers of aerospace technology had to be dependent on the methodology which had been developed by numerous foregoers to make their independent ideas feasible. Therefore, it would be presumptuous to rule out the ‘contributions’ of ‘past achievements’ even though the basic concept of the technology is largely independent.
In addition, without the study of the past achievements in a field we simply cannot learn about the fundamental knowledge and technology of that field and without the fundamental knowledge and technology how can we make a significant contribution in that field? We can make endeavor in the further research in the areas not thoroughly studied by the formers. In this way we can make new discoveries by studying their concepts and applying their principles in a more efficient way. For example, Einstein’s relative theory is based on Newton’s classic mechanics theory. To see the microbial world more clearly the scientists made the electronic microscope which was able to offset the shortcoming of the optical microscope.
- 80. Nations should suspend government funding for the arts when significant numbers of their citizens are hungry or unemployed. 80
- 2. The following is a recommendation from the Board of Directors of Monarch Books."We recommend that Monarch Books open a café in its store. Monarch, having been in business at the same location for more than twenty years, has a large customer base becaus 70
- 132. The following appeared in a letter to the school board in the town of Centerville."All students should be required to take the driver's education course at Centerville High School. In the past two years, several accidents in and around Centerville ha 80
- 143. No field of study can advance significantly unless it incorporates knowledge and experience from outside that field. 70
- 65. Every individual in a society has a responsibility to obey just laws and to disobey and resist unjust laws. 80
Well, you need to discuss 'Imaginations'.
And there should be a conclusion paragraph too.
Attribute Value Ideal
Score: 4.0 out of 6
Category: Good Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 0 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 0 2
No. of Sentences: 16 15
No. of Words: 361 350
No. of Characters: 1880 1500
No. of Different Words: 191 200
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 4.359 4.7
Average Word Length: 5.208 4.6
Word Length SD: 3.016 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 134 100
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 118 80
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 89 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 68 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 22.562 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 11.051 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.5 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.3 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.517 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.1 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 4 5