The best way for a society to prepare its young people for leadership in government, industry, or other fields is by instilling in them a sense of cooperation, not competition.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree

The best way for a society to prepare its young people for leadership in government, industry, or other fields is by instilling in them a sense of cooperation, not competition.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to address the most compelling reasons and/or examples that could be used to challenge your position.

The society can inculcate the leadership quality in young people by instilling in them not only cooperation but also competition, both qualities are required. However, extreme competition impedes the success of organization.

Cooperation is most important quality required for success of any organization. The organization cannot be run by single person. All people must dedicate themselves to the success of the organization and it is the job of leader to promote cooperation among the members. For example, in four way relay race, all the four members need to give their best to win the race and it doesn't depend on the single person's ability. Any company's success depends on contribution from all the stakeholders that is from CEO, board members, employees and even cleaning staffs of that company.

However, without competition, people will stay relax and eventually their potential will drop , affecting the output. Therefore, along with cooperation, society requires competition. Competition helps people to give their best and it increases their efficiency. For example, if teacher keeps prizes for learning vocabulary in a class, maximum students will try to learn more vocabulary due to competition. In turns, competition benefits all the students. Brighter students learn all the the vocabulary and even lazy students learn few vocabulary due to the desire of getting prizes.

However, extreme competition is deleterious for the society. The competition increases the efficiency of the people, but it also results into greed, hatred for others. For example, in a company, competition between two team leaders to get promotion leads to unhealthy relation within the team. To prove their abilities, they force their team members for extra hours. It may help the company, but it affects the other team members.

In conclusion, cooperation along with competition is required for the success of the organization. Cooperation builds the team spirits and competition increases the efficiency of the individual. However, extreme competition have deleterious effects on the individual as well as on the society. Therefore, the controlled competition, along with cooperation can make the organization successful.

Cooperation is most important quality
Cooperation is the most important quality

A lot of 'however' in the essay

More content wanted.
For issue essays, around 450 words, for argument essays, around 400 words.