The best way for a society to prepare its young people for leadership in government, industry, or other fields is by instilling in them a sense of cooperation, not competition."-Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagr

The best way for a society to prepare its young people for leadership in government, industry, or other fields is by instilling in them a sense of cooperation, not competition."
-
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to address the most compelling reasons and/or examples that could be used to challenge your position.

To make a nation, organization or any venture grow and prosper well, one needs efficient leaders and managers. As said, any endeavor in the absence of apt guide is like a letter without address that always deviates from the accurate path and track. Thus, it is prime responsibility of society to prepare best leaders and path-providers by instilling required aspects in their minds like brotherhood, fraternity, insight, motivation, cooperation and competition etc.; indeed all these components in long-run play vivid role in different situations.

Prior to any other factor, what matters is "cooperation", as said 'Union is strength' and this strength can be attained if one plays healthy role amongst all his co-partners. Consider case of Steve Jobs, Mark Zukerberg, Tata Rattan, DhiruBhai Ambani, Narendra Modi etc, all are best examples of leaders from varied aspects yet the common tool that they all employed in their respective fields is 'providing a patient ear to listen and ample opportunities for support to their team-mates'. This justifies that when one team member relies on another for guidance and support without any feeling of doubt that boosts their morale and thus leads to pinnacle of success. In such case, if one member ignores to ask any of his issue from another since he is having a feeling of getting superior to another, this can lead to pitfall of failure as one can't be perfect in all spheres of life. A simple example, the political structure of any nation involves- Finance Minister, Railway Minister, Minister for External Affairs, Human Resource Development Minister Etc and if all these won't work in sync with each other or won't provide help to other department, the complete structure will come to halt. Thus, cooperation ensures smooth processing and functioning that leads to heyday of any organization whether that be political, business or social.

On the other hand, I firmly believe in developing a sense of healthy competition. One of my teacher used to say- "Dream high to attain big" and if one wants to pursue the top-most rank he/she has to develop a sense of competition in his mind. In this regard, consider the foremost Space Launcher programs that were initiated by America and Russia- once they were able to reach to the space, if India would have thought to attain knowledge from them, then India won't have achieved the position that it enjoys today as a technological and scientific sufficient and won't have the privilege to term great scientist Dr.Abdul Kalam as the assets to nation. Thus, to ensure self-sufficiency, to invoke the sense of creativity, to imbibe in the minds that hard-work and persistence leads to zenith of success, one needs to compete. This competition is not restricted only with own and other team mates, but with own previous tracks that guides them to do better next time. As Edison failed 1000 times while inventing bulb but each time he challenged his competency and lead to great innovation. Also when Apple Inc. came into being as a dream projects of Steve Jobs various others firms like IBM etc were ruling the market, yet his steady efforts and a sense of attaining the best position had done wonders. Thus, competitive spirit ensures the upward lift and need not be curbed as it will lead to distress and stagnation.

To be very precise, I sternly believe that a blend of cooperation and competition presents a unique combination that can indeed push the limits of leader on right path. As to maintain balance and to solve the internal issues, one needs to be patient and cooperate with colleagues, while apex of achievement can be attained if one has courage and strives to compete with others. So to ensure flux of great leaders society should promote sense of helping others, along with healthy competition qualities.