Claim The best way to understand the character of a society is to examine the character of the men and women that the society chooses as its heroes or its role models Reason Heroes and role models reveal a society s highest ideals

Claim: The best way to understand the character of a society is to examine the character of the men and women that the society chooses as its heroes or its role models.
Reason: Heroes and role models reveal a society's highest ideals.

From the ancient times to our days the humanity has been trying to create some figures above of their own personality – from the Gods of Ancient Greece to modern superheroes of the universe of Marvel nowadays – which have superior abilities in terms of knowledge, physical power and personal behavioral traits. It must seem that as time has passed the ideological approach to this should be changing, however there is nothing changed. Looking back to the introduction, one might argue that these ideal characters are indeed a society’s highest ideas. However, the history of human beings reveals evidences of the opposite view.

For delving into this subject, there is a need of close look at the society and it doesn’t matter whether it is a modern society or from the middle of 15th century, for instance. One good example could be the recent election of a president in the USA and the whole mood among the society about Donald Trump. There was a lot of strikes and a huge number of opposition’s claims right after the announce of the results. What was it? Why was it happening? As the practice has shown, never in the record history of mankind the elections and choosing the front figure for introducing the interests of the society has been fair, however throughout the history there have been those who had the significant power in pushing their own interests.

Inevitably, there is another point of this issue - the society is not homogeneous and estimation of the whole population basing on the small sample of this is not comprehensive approach. In the majority of cases the outcome could be biased and not adequate. Even a well-being, healthy society consists of a blizzard of controversial idea. Had not been for those who dared to challenge the prevailing ideas of their times, there would not have been a lot of innovations and breakouts. By the way, it should come as no surprise that there is a longstanding practice to charge a society or country basing on its leader or main characters. So, there is a considerable need in changing this approach.

In conclusion, it can be easily summed up that there is nothing stable and homogeneous on this planet, every part of life must be estimated closely in detailed way – taking into consideration all claims, opposite views etc. Having analyzed all the points above, it can be said that there is a significant possibility to make wrong conclusion about anything if estimators base their conclusions just on a small sample. There is no need to retreat to Luddite attitude in relation to a society’s one choice rather than to embrace open posture for further investigation.