Claim: Even though young people often receive the advice to “follow your dreams,” more emphasis should be placed on picking worthy goals.Reason: Many people’s dreams are inherently selfish.

Human being has always looked for ways to improve living quality. Most people have a goal or a dream that they chaise during life time. Many have received this advice that follow your dreams, instead many believe that this should be replaced by picking worthy goals. In fact, picking worthy goals seems more reasonable than just following dreams.

It is true that following dreams looks important. First, It brings passion to peoples life and make them enjoy life while their trying to follow their dreams. Second, following dreams make the person feel good of himself and feel that he is doing the right thing.

It is important that one realizes the differences between real life and dreaming. Some dreams may have been chosen in an isolated mind that hadn’t considered the effects of their dreams on others and may be inherently selfish and immature. An exaggerated example is that one dreams to become a king and rules everyone. However, the dreamer has to think about what it takes to this dream become true and when it did, do others enjoy being ruled or prefer to live in a democracy society. Isn’t this dream selfish?

However, dreaming may be good but more emphasis should be on picking worthy goals. Goals give peoples life meaning and by setting up goals people can plan their life step by step reaching their goals. For example, if someone’s goal is to become a specialist in a managerial position this person’s goal could be reached if the person works hard enough and does whatever effort it takes to get there.

In conclusion, Dreams are important and gives people the passion they need but if they set up goals that are worthy it could be more accessible and realistic. So young people should more be advised as picking worthy goals than just following dreams.

this advice that follow your dreams
this advice that follows your dreams

following dreams make the person
following dreams makes the person