GRE Scientific theories which most people consider as fact almost invariably prove to be inaccurate Thus one should look upon any information described as factual with skepticism since it may well be proven false in the future

Admittedly, there are numerous examples in science history that can well prove the statement that former scientific theories prove inaccurate in a later phase. Thus, some people argue that we should be skeptic about any piece of theory since it can be untrue. Although I concede that we should not take any theory for granted without any reasoning, I do concern that unhealthy or overdue skepticism will do no good.

First and foremost, inaccuracy does not equally mean falsehood. Thus, an inaccurate theory does not mean a totally wrong one. Since no theory is perfect, people can and should be able to accept the imperfect hypothesis in the firsthand to further grasp a better improved theory.

Second, a scientific theory is usually brought out after numerous discussions and debates and has been well formulated before disclosing to normal people. Researchers and specialists are working on improving and perfecting different theories. So nowadays most scientific hypotheses or theories are relatively more accurate and approaching the very facts. For instance, Einstein proposed the theory of relativity in his early stage of research. And in his later years, he spent most of energy revising it and even contradicting it. Thus, people can have more faith and less skepticism in scientific theories.

Third, it is ridiculous and sort of useless when people question any proposed hypothesis with no reason or out of nowhere: it is unjustifiable to be skeptical about a theory just because you think it may prove inaccurate or false in the future. Healthy skepticism will stimulate coherent discussion among specialists and researchers and a better theory can be achieved with good reasons. But not everyone has the background and knowledge as a researcher or specialist. So people should not question any theory to an undue extent.

In sum, it is good to keep in mind that no theory is accurate or perfect. Regarding theories with appropriate caution and thorough reasoning will give one better understanding and view of the overall situation. However, overly skepticism will be a waste of time, especially when a well-established theory is concerned.

More content wanted.
For issue essays, around 450 words, for argument essays, around 400 words.