The most effective way to understand contemporary culture is to analyze the trends of its youth.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In dev

The most effective way to understand contemporary culture is to analyze the trends of its youth.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

Currently, it is debatable whether the most effective way to understand the contemporary culture is to analyze the trend of youth. I personally disagree with the argument, since there are better way to comprehend the culture of the society.

First of all, studying the trends of the youth only provide the contemporary culture that is prevalent in the youth. For example, with the advent of technology development, more and more young people are using computers as a communication mechanism. Through computer and the Internet, young people can easily access to a wide array of information, and be able to communicate with their friends and family. However, although the usage of this technology is ubiquitous in the youth, older people are not comfortable in using the state-of-the-art technology, and prefer to go to library to find necessary information or directly meet with their acquaintances. As we can see from this compelling example, the trend of the young does not represent the trend of overall population, and therefore, it is not the best way to examine the contemporary culture.

In addition, analysis throughout the entire people in the society will offer a better understanding of the nowadays’ culture. For example, the elderly enjoys Classic music, while young people would prefer listening to trendy music such as rock or hip-hop. If the research on the contemporary culture solely focuses on examining the young people’s taste, it would not be profound research that covers the culture of the elderly’s trend. However, if the research also study what the elderly enjoys, it will become more profound research on the contemporary culture in a society. Therefore, extending the focus to the trend of the elderly is indispensable.

Moreover, studying the trends of youth and elderly may be only a couple ways to understand contemporary culture. There are more effective ways, such as the examination of the cities. Take Seoul, the capital city of Korea, for example. Unlike the previous century, Seoul has changed and developed at an exponential rate. Countless numbers of skyscrapers are existed in the center of Seoul, and thousands of foreigners are continuously visiting the city. More and more people are incline to learn foreign languages such as English and Chinese, and they are more than welcome to accommodating cultures from all around the world. If researchers are not studying the city of Seoul, they will not able to acknowledge that Korea is not only maintaining its own culture, but also tried to accept the trend of globalization. Therefore, along with the study of the trend of entire population, examining cities are also crucial to understand the contemporary culture.

In conclusion, we should not only analyzing the trend of the youth and the elderly, but also examining a country's cities to fully comprehend the contemporary culture. Solely focusing on a factor is not enough in this complex society.

studying the trends of the youth only provide the contemporary culture
studying the trends of the youths only provides the contemporary culture

Need to read the topic more, the topic is: 'The most effective way to understand contemporary culture...', seems you were writing The only way to understand contemporary culture...',

read a sample:
http://www.testbig.com/gmatgre-essays/most-effective-way-understand-con…