Home >> .

A nation should require all of its students to study the same national curriculum until they enter college.

Essay topics: A nation should require all of its students to study the same national curriculum until they enter college.

ZahraT's picture

Some people believe that it is not necessary to force students to study the same national curriculum before entering college because this period of their life is not essential for their future success. However, others believe that formative years of children play an important role in forming the basis of their future and all students should study according the same national instructions. I personally claim that the latter is more reasonable. In the following paragraphs I will delve into the most important reasons why I hold this point of view.

First and foremost, the time period of before entering college plays a significant role for students' progress in the future; students can encourage or discourage to continue their education and they also make their own goals for their future job and major. So, all students of a nation should have an equal chance of success in their future, no matter where and how they live. For example, in Iran there is no uniform study plan for all students and rural students don't study many important subjects such as Chemistry, Geography, and physics, or they don't study these courses as high quality as other students in big cities. Therefore, they don't have an equal opportunity of being success in future just because they don't live in Cities or they don't born in a reach family.

Another primary reason is that entering top colleges is essential for students to achieve their goals and all students of a nation should have opportunity for a fair competition to enter top colleges. For instance, if students of some cities of a country have a different curriculum and they learn more scientific subjects, they have a better chance to enter the top colleges than other students, whose maybe are more intelligent and hard-worker than them. Also, a fair competition for entering the top colleges makes students optimistic about their success and they study hard to follow their dreams. Therefore, when a nation doesn't require all of its students to study the same national curriculum, it will impede its students' progress.

Finally, having an identical educational system in all schools prevents over migration from small cities to large ones, which disrupts population and economical balance. As an example, Tehran schools have the best educational systems in Iran and its students study more scientific subjects with higher quality than other students in small cities. Hence, many families migrate from their own cities to Tehran because they want to provide a better academic life for their children. Now, Tehran seriously suffers from overcrowded, air and water pollution, traffic etc. So, it is an economical and a wise solution to improve educational systems in small cities instead of cost for handling these over migrations' problems.

To cut the long story short, by taking all the aforementioned reasons into account, I strongly believe that all students of a nation should study the identical national curriculum to have an equal chance for making their own future. However, a uniform national curriculum doesn't mean that schools shouldn't have a degree of freedom for educating students.