Essay topics: A nation should require all of its students to study the same national curriculum until they enter college.
Some people believe that it is not necessary to force students to study the same national curriculum before entering college because this period of their life is not essential for their future success. However, others believe that formative years of children play an important role in forming the basis of their future and all students should study according the same national instructions. I personally claim that the latter is more reasonable. In the following paragraphs I will delve into the most important reasons why I hold this point of view.
First and foremost, the time period of before entering college plays a significant role for students' progress in the future; students can encourage or discourage to continue their education and they also make their own goals for their future job and major. So, all students of a nation should have an equal chance of success in their future, no matter where and how they live. For example, in Iran there is no uniform study plan for all students and rural students don't study many important subjects such as Chemistry, Geography, and physics, or they don't study these courses as high quality as other students in big cities. Therefore, they don't have an equal opportunity of being success in future just because they don't live in Cities or they don't born in a reach family.
Another primary reason is that entering top colleges is essential for students to achieve their goals and all students of a nation should have opportunity for a fair competition to enter top colleges. For instance, if students of some cities of a country have a different curriculum and they learn more scientific subjects, they have a better chance to enter the top colleges than other students, whose maybe are more intelligent and hard-worker than them. Also, a fair competition for entering the top colleges makes students optimistic about their success and they study hard to follow their dreams. Therefore, when a nation doesn't require all of its students to study the same national curriculum, it will impede its students' progress.
Finally, having an identical educational system in all schools prevents over migration from small cities to large ones, which disrupts population and economical balance. As an example, Tehran schools have the best educational systems in Iran and its students study more scientific subjects with higher quality than other students in small cities. Hence, many families migrate from their own cities to Tehran because they want to provide a better academic life for their children. Now, Tehran seriously suffers from overcrowded, air and water pollution, traffic etc. So, it is an economical and a wise solution to improve educational systems in small cities instead of cost for handling these over migrations' problems.
To cut the long story short, by taking all the aforementioned reasons into account, I strongly believe that all students of a nation should study the identical national curriculum to have an equal chance for making their own future. However, a uniform national curriculum doesn't mean that schools shouldn't have a degree of freedom for educating students.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|4 hours 17 min ago||piyushpandey||50||Read full essay|
|1 day 13 hours ago||rautella||50||Read full essay|
|1 day 19 hours ago||kfloyd717||66||Read full essay|
|2 days 8 hours ago||carlossouza||66||Read full essay|
|2 days 8 hours ago||Kartik Shenoy||75||Read full essay|
|3 days 26 min ago||Rida Rajani||83||Read full essay|
|3 days 7 hours ago||devanshu||58||Read full essay|
|5 days 19 min ago||dduan97||83||Read full essay|
|6 days 10 hours ago||Shweta sahu||50||Read full essay|
|6 days 12 hours ago||vpp||50||Read full essay|
- In the United States, it had been common practice since the late 1960s no to suppress natural forest fires. The “let it burn” policy assumed that forest fire would burn themselves out quickly, without causing much damage. However, in the summer of 1988, f (80)
- what are qualities of a good neighbor (72.5)
- some people believe that college students should consider only their own talents and interests when choosing a field of study. Others believe that college students should base their choice of a field of study on the availability of jobs in that field. (50)
- Governments should focus on solving the immediate problems of today rather than on trying to solve the anticipated problems of the future. (80)
- Some people claim that a nation's government should preserve its wilderness areas in their natural state. Others argue that these areas should be developed for potential economic gain. (60)
- Over the past year, our late-night news program has devoted increasingly more time to covering national news and less time to covering weather and local news. During the same time period, most of the complaints we received from viewers were concerned with (60)
- A nation should require all of its students to study the same national curriculum until they enter college. (76.6667)
- Claim: Colleges and universities should specify all required courses and eliminate elective courses in order to provide clear guidance for students. Reason: College students—like people in general—prefer to follow directions rather than make their own dec (66.6667)
- No field of study can advance significantly unless it incorporates knowledge and experience from outside that field. (75)
- Of Altamonte students polled, 65 percent say they participate in either an intramural, varsity, or community sports team. Being a member of a sport team keeps one fit and healthy and promotes an active life style. Since the majority of students are taking (80)