A nation should require all of its students to study the same national curriculum until they enter college.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoning for the position

A nation should require all of its students to study the same national curriculum until they enter college.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, describe specific circumstances in which adopting the recommendation would or would not be advantageous and explain how these examples shape your position.

Some countries may force all of their students to study a certain curriculum while others may not. But the most important issue should be the total efficacy of such programs. I think that a comprehensive curriculum will result in more disadvantages over a multifarious educational program. I have several reasons, into which I am going to delve now.

First of all, not all of students share the same background and abilities. They may know some different topics from their preschool times. Some children may be more talented in mathematics, while others may be more apt to study arts. If a country requires all of its students to study a unique curriculum, they may not flourish best. For example, I myself had talent in music while our school, like others, had no class for music, and therefore I couldn't continue my fervent enthusiasm in music. This is one of the many terrible possible outcomes of a unique curriculum. This even gets worsen in higher education. In university you want to have more freedom for shaping your skills, but a national educational program will hinders you because you are required to conform with the proposed program of the government, not with one of yourself! However, it is possible to find some positive points for this uniqueness, like equality in education, for example. But such points cannot overvalue the blatant drawbacks of a national curriculum. The only obvious result of such curriculum, as I explained above, is to discourage students from building their characters.

Besides, a unified curriculum will diminish the chances of change in a country. A weighty program, like a national curriculum, cannot change easily itself. Nor it can foster change in its students, as they learned similar contents. The very essence of a changing society comes from its diversity of minds, while a unique curriculum will spoil this feature of society. Students who studied under a unified program cannot, or are not likely, to think differently. The major result of this phenomenon is the inability of the society to change. A country cannot get itself out of debacles. People cannot find genuine solutions for their problems. Government cannot solve demanding problems of the community. All of these are the result of heavy-weight educational program. People should study under a multi-sided program, which foster different groups of experts with different ways of thinking. A society that is equipped by different minds is better able to face the ever updating problems of modern life. A national curriculum, even though bolster solidarity in a community, will not help people to immune themselves against long term occurrence.

To conclude, I should express again that a national curriculum benefits less and harms more to a society than a multifarious educational program. That is because a unique program tends to kill innovations and this consequently will harm the society in the long term.

The topic is talking about education before students enter college:

while you:
'This even gets worsen in higher education. In university you want to have more freedom for shaping your skills, but a national educational program will hinders you because you are required to conform with the proposed program of the government, not with one of yourself! '

---------------------