The primary goal of technological advancement should be to increase people's efficiency so that they have more leisure time.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for t

The primary goal of technological advancement should be to increase people's efficiency so that they have more leisure time.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

The author avers that the foremost important goal of technological advancement should be in increasing people's efficiency to grant them more leisure time. While I concur with the author when he opines that increasing free time for denizens by increasing their efficiency projects optimistic features for the future, I disagree that granting more leisure time should be the primary objective of technological advancement as there are other important goals that we must achieve in order to sustain humanity.

Leisure times are definitely the best way to grant people capacity to think creatively. Researches often point to the fact that the creativity will not only result in better productivity in work, but also in larger cooperation rate among community members. If technologies can increase our leisure time by putting our efficiency on apex, people will develop their creativity and consequently contribute to the betterment of their belonging society.

However, it is imprudent to put this on the top of other potential goals that can be achieved by technological advancement because there are other things that we must achieve first to sustain humanity. Averting global climate change is telling example of such goal. Recent reports by climate research institutions suggest that we only have 5 to 10 years to avoid tragic ramifications of the climate change. Thus, we must concentrate on increasing efficiency of work using technology not to have extra free time to play, but to perform the urgent task to tackle global crisis faster.

Furthermore, increasing leisure time must not be the primary goal of technological advancement because excessive leisure time can make us lethargic. Medical researches imply that body that is not used to perform valid tasks often gets deteriorated and exacerbated. This is evident in many sick elders who do nothing but enjoying their leisure times after retirement. Therefore, we must seek to increase our productivity, not leisure time, through technological enhancement.

In summary, the increased efficiency through a technological advancement is good for humanity. However, it is not because it can bring us more leisure time, but because it can help us avert major challenges and let us stay in form. Thus, we must not make the primary goal of technological advancements to be in producing more leisure time.