Scandals are useful because they focus our attention on problems in ways that no speaker or reformer ever could.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be

Scandals are useful because they focus our attention on problems in ways that no speaker or reformer ever could.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to address the most compelling reasons and/or examples that could be used to challenge your position.

The writer of the issue asserts that scandals serve a useful function in focusing our attention on problems in distinct ways no one ever could. This is a concatenation with which I agree to some extent. Undeniably, scandals attract our attention to some problems we might found too trivial to focus; on the other hand, in some cases, scandals rarely attract people’s attention. In what follows, I will discuss my justifications.

Certainly, in some scenarios the scandal would attract our attention significantly on problems that we might readily neglect hitherto. For supporting example one need look no further at recent embezzlement scandal regarding the chief officials in the government of Iran. Occasionally, minor embezzlements were used revealed in the last decade and a few people paid scant attention to them; however, in this last one, the amount of money that was stolen from the country’s budget was so significant that everyone was shocked when the first report was published on television and newspapers. People, afterwards, focused on the problems and realized that they should take such scandals more seriously; and be more careful in choosing the right people in our national election. Hence, such scandals attract people’s attention to the problems in ways that no one ever could.

Adding further credibility to the author’s claim, scandals at small-scale situation in life would be in similar. A vivid example would be scandals in academic environments such as universities; last year, a sex scandal was revealed at one of our national universities. A professor married with a young student only for sexual intentions. The result of this egregious action was a dramatic disturbance in the academic environment. However, both approaches to this scandal were observed. Some people harshly criticized that poor professor and ostracized that shameful person; while some others discriminated a person’s personal life and professional life. They focused on their academic relationship and kept on doing their business, regardless of personal life incidents such as the above mentioned scandal. Hence, reactions to scandals depend, to some extent, on people’s personality.

Admittedly, in some situation scandals are so common that no one spend one minute thinking about them. For instance, in some cities in Iran, especially Kerman and Zahedan, people die in street fights or in illegal drug deals; yet, no one care about them. No news report on these scandals, no measures to subside or eliminate such scandals are taken by the government, and no one might ever know how many people die every month in these cities. Therefore, the author’s claim would lack any merit in such scenarios.

In sum, the writer’s claim is credible in some cases; while in some situation, depending on the people’s personality and context, scandals do not attract people’s attention. However, scandals mainly attract people’s focus to problems they might neglect easily.

The examples in the third paragraph is off the topic.

The examples in the fourth paragraph are not scandals.

-----------------------