Scandals are useful because they focus our attention on problems in ways that no speaker or reformer ever could

Scandals are useful because they focus our attention on problems in ways that no speaker or reformer ever could.

Scandaling is an act of deceiting or an event legally wrong giving rise to public outrage. The buzzword that comes to mind when we here about scandals is 'politics'. In politics, scandals are mostly prominent causing anger among the common people, enraging them. Scandals should be brought up in public so that every citizen of the country knows about the dark truth of its government and the problems arising can be fixed collectively by the citizens. So, I completely agree with the author's saying that scandals are useful in identifying problems which the speaker or reformer do not speak openly.

For instance consider the example of the last 3G scandal of India's communication ministry. Till it had not been revealed, the ministry never spoke a word about it in public. It was always considered an abstract issue. Similarly, not knowing the entire truth can harm the society big time in future. It is these scandals when they come out, reveal the veracity of elites like actors, ministers, politicians and so forth.

Furthermore, the scandals when come to light force the government to take some hard and fast steps. Especially, these scandals make people to choose their leaders wisely in future so that they not follow the footsteps of a particular leader blindly. When we take a look at the business industry, the biggest scam that occured in India in 2019 was the 'Nirav Modi Scandal'. If such a scandal would not have happened, would it have alerted the goverment and made it more vigilant? It is the experiences that help in learning and developing oneself so that one becomes better prepared in future.

All in all, in my view scandals to some extent are helpful as they bring the truth to the table and help in improving the well-being of a nation.With this, I concede that the pace of scandals should be exposed and augmented by media and other resources of communication so that our country could be problem –free. Apart from this, even, motivators need to do their task with vim and zeal.