Some people believe that government funding of the arts is necessary to ensure that the arts can flourish and be available to all people. Others believe that government funding of the arts threatens the integrity of the arts.

Art appeals to the aesthetic part of one's mind and not many can relate or understand it. Yet, it is essential to preserve and promote arts. Government of a particular nation plays a very important role in preserving its various forms of arts that represents the rich tradition. I feel that government should provide necessary funds for the arts to flourish so that it is within the reach even common people.

There are many types of arts such as paintings, music, dance, etc. And people's preference varies accordingly. It is a known fact that not everyone can relate to arts or understand them. As I said earlier, it appeals to the asthenic part of one's mind and the way each one perceives and enjoys varies. Art is important but not essential. And governments usually tend to invest in areas where they can get quick profit such as technology, business, etc. A competitive government will prefer to ignore arts and invest in other areas so as to get more income and revenue. But for a holistic development of a country, every government should invest a considerable amount in arts. For example, countries like China where the ceramic products such as plates, sculptures, etc. are so famous and is available even to poor people. This is due the government's participation in promoting and funding arts.

Every nation's government should take necessary steps to preserver arts as it represents their respective heritage. The government can step up more art schools and colleges, fund the existing art schools. They can set up workshops and camps to create awareness among people about how important arts are and it has equal amount of opportunities like other fields thereby encouraging more number of youngsters to take up arts. This will also put a stop to the increasing number of people who give up their art's profession and look up for a different job for their living. Also, governments can build more museums and renovate the existing ones.

But, it is also important to make sure that these funds do not get misused. Governments should make sure that the forgery of paintings are avoided, since there are chances of fraud paintings being portrait as genuine ones.

In conclusion, every nation's government should give equal importance to arts and their participation is very essential to safeguard and promote it.

Need to argue against another view in the fourth paragraph: 'government funding of the arts threatens the integrity of the arts.'