The way a message is delivered is often more important than the message itself

The way a message is delivered is often more important than the message itself.

It is indeed true that the way a message is conveyed is often more important than the message itself. The whole effect of the message is lost if it is delivered in an inappropriate way. There are three things which should be considered while delivering a message: the target audience, the medium that is used to convey the message and the period during which it is conveyed. These three are inter-dependent on each other and if all these are taken into account, then the intended effectiveness of a particular message will be maintained for sure.

First and the foremost thing that should be taken into consideration is whether the message is appropriate or whether it is useful for the intended audience. There is no point in preaching to an atheist group. On the other hand, it will be effective if it is done for a group of people who are into spiritualism. So one should make sure that the content of the message will be useful for the targeted audience. For example, scientists can approach policy makers with their ideas instead of approaching other scientists. Here also, it is important for the scientists to make sure that the policy maker's area of interest matches with theirs.

Next essential thing to be considered is the medium that is adopted to convey the messages. The whole point of delivering the message is lost if a suitable medium is not used. Like sending messages to old people through the latest gadgets such as smart-phones and tablets. Older generation people might not be comfortable with that even if they know how to operate them. Language also plays an important role. Communicating with the native or well-known language so as to deliver the message is important for the message to be delivered with the desired impact. There is no point in talking to french speaking child in Chinese.

Last but not the least, the period during which the message is delivered. If we try to teach a toddler calculus, it is a waste. On contrary, if we teach a teenager the same calculus concept, it might be useful for him. Another important aspect is that the message should be delivered in the right way so as to make sure not to bore the audience.

In conclusion, I strongly feel that irrespective of the nature of the message, the way it is delivered is more important as it will surely help to produce the intended effect.