Some people believe that our ever-increasing use of technology significantly reduces our opportunities for human interaction. Other people believe that technology provides us with new and better ways to communicate and connect with one another. Write a re

Some people believe that our ever-increasing use of technology significantly reduces our opportunities for human interaction. Other people believe that technology provides us with new and better ways to communicate and connect with one another.

Write a response in which you discuss which view more closely aligns with your own position and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should address both of the views presented.

The development of humanity can be regarded as the development of technology. We lead more comfortable life thanks to the advance of technology in various fields; however, some people argue that this deters human interaction with others. Although it can be said that the frequency or chance to interact with our neighbors has been decreased, I believe that the quality and means of communication has been improved. Also, technology let us interact with more diverse people around the world.

Admittedly, face-to-face interaction seems to be dwindled. A lot of parents and teachers argue that their children do not play outside with their friends any more and stay in their room to use their smartphones or PCs. This is not only the phenomenon of children but also of adults in that with the development of the computer game industry and web services, more and more people have chance to satisfy their penchant by just enjoying those.

However, we cannot corroborate that use of technology hinders human interaction. Although face-to-face interaction is a great way of interacting with others, it is not the only method to communicate with others. What I mean is that, thanks to the development of communication methods, we can keep in touch with people who are far from our habitats. We even can see their face and interact with them just like we are facing them. Moreover, due to the development of transportation, we are able to travel all around the world and interact with more diverse people who have disparate cultures and thoughts. This fosters further interaction which could not be imagined in the past due to the distance, culture and other impediments. When there was an earthquake in Nepal, a plethora of people from the world felt dour and sent messages to Nepal to console them. Thousands of volunteers could be there and helped refugees using cutting edge technology such as drone or robots. If the disaster occurred several centuries ago, no one in USA could not even notice the agony of Nepal. In this line of thought, no one can deny that technology contributed to this cooperating moment and those help was the state of the art human interaction.

In brief, use of technology engendered further human interaction by letting us overcome the obstacles such as distance and cultural difference. This benefits can override the prospective flaws of using technology and let us enjoy the sheer sympathy with more people around the world.