Universities should require every student to take a variety of courses outside the student's field of study.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure

Universities should require every student to take a variety of courses outside the student's field of study.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to address the most compelling reasons and/or examples that could be used to challenge your position.

Should universities demand their students to enroll in wide range of subjects which have no explicit connection with their future profession? The answer on this question depends on our perception of the main purpose of tertiary education. Many of us surmise that university is a place where we can acquire a qualification and therefore including subjects which are not connected with the future job is meaningless. However, an alternative prospect on the issue exists. As far as I am concerned the higher education is a way to become a literate and learned person who satisfies the social standard of educated individual.

First of all, we have to understand the educational institutions are social one as well. In other words they fulfill social demands as well as educate public. Universities for centuries were places where a new educated class of citizens was forged. The fact of having a diploma of university means that you have a broad prospect on the world and wide range on knowledge about he variety of subjects from literature to math. In other words, it is unthinkable that a surgeon does not the theory of relativity of Einstein or is not able to say how many planets the solar system has. This knowledge from different subjects is important of perception a professional as an educated person.

Additionally to it, taking subjects beyond one's future profession may be useful due to the fact that modern science has interwoven and mutual connected fields. For instance, an astronomer should know physics, and chemistry owing to the fact that modern technology allow scientists study the universe by analyzing subtle traces of radio and x-ray waves which may be used to know the chemical elements which are construed the removed galaxies and star system. Consequently, the studying subjects what at the first glaze have nothing in common with your field may be extremely useful for future carrier.

In conclusion, despite the fact that many of our contemporaries assume that university is a place to pursue a qualification and then find a decent job, the real goal of tertiary education is more ambitious to create a professional who suits the high standards of learning individual.

knowledge about he variety of subjects
knowledge about the variety of subjects

a surgeon does not the theory of relativity of Einstein
a surgeon does not know the theory of relativity of Einstein

that modern technology allow scientists study the universe
that modern technologies allow scientists study the universe

Need one more paragraph for the advantages of focusing on subjects. Try this pattern:

paragraph 1: introduction -- explain in your own words about the issue and give a thesis statement at the end. Give a reasonable not a dogmatic statement.

paragraph 2: Admittedly, there are some advantages of side A. First, ... Second, ...

paragraph 3: However, still I support side B. reason 1 + why reason 1 + example + a small conclusion for this paragraph.

paragraph 4: reason 2 + why reason 2 + example + a small conclusion for this paragraph.

paragraph 5: conclusion -- reinforce the thesis.
---------------------------------