The bar chart below shows the employment of all male and female workers by occupation in the UK in the year 2005

The chart demonstrates the percentage of British male and female labor-force in various occupation in the year of 2005.

In general, women were more likely to work in service industry, whereas a higher percentage of men were found in occupation related to management and trades.

As can be seen from the chart, the percentage of women in administrative and secretarial jobs made up more than 20%, compared with only 5% of men. This contrasted with skilled trades where the number of male workers was nearly eightfold that of women. Sales and customer service as well as personal service saw a higher percentage of female with 12% and 14% respectively. By contrast, managers and senior officials attracted nearly one-fifth of men which far exceeded the figures for the opposite gender with just over 10%. Similarly, about 12% of men were employed in process, plant and machine operatives, while only 2% of female counterparts were involved in this kind of job. There was less significant discrepancy between two genders in other categories. When it came to professional and technical work, the male and female labor force accounted for a relatively equal share, from 12% to 15%. Likewise, there was no significant gap between the sexes in terms of elementary employment with a difference of about 2%.