Every country should have a free health service, even if this means that the latest medical treatments may not be available through this service because they are too expensive.To what extend do you agree with this statement?

Every country should have a free health service, even if this means that the latest medical treatments may not be available through this service because they are too expensive.

To what extend do you agree with this statement?

Apropos of the statement, I am in consummate accord with the ideology of free basic medical and healthcare facilities to each citizen of every country. In a modern era, the world is driven by technological advancements and globalization but there are many people still deprived of fundamental right of proper healthcare services. To denigrate such heinous situation, it should be mandatory for all countries to provide elementary medical services for free.

However, it might be argued that such facilities can have deleterious impacts as it is highly prone to be misused, especially by adults. In third world countries, the government and regulations are not strong enough to regulate the medical use. There is a high probability of drug abuse if medicines are provided for free. Moreover, it might be difficult to pay sufficient salaries for professionals like doctors and nurses. Consequently, this may introduce another hazardous problem of brain drain.

Nevertheless, the benefits of free basic medical services would bring to the citizens cannot be demurred. Governments across the globe in every country collect taxes from every working individual. In addition, all developing countries and under-developed countries receive huge foreign funds as donations and aids to improve healthcare facilities. Therefore, it can be contended that every country and government are in position to provide free basic healthcare services to all citizens. Furthermore, it is actually an investment to build a healthy nation by providing free services. After all, a country, with healthy population, is bound to prosper economically and socially.

In a nutshell, I assert that it should be a right of everyone to receive free elementary healthcare services and medicines. It onus is of government to regulate the use of medicines and provide sufficient wages to doctors, nurses and other medical staffs. Government should continue to invest more to provide free health services to build a healthy and wealthy nation.