Essay topics: The exposure to some international media, such as films, TVs and magzines, has a significant impact on the local culture. To what extent do you think the advantages outweight the disadvantages?
Nowadays, numerous technological applications in media have extended the influence brought on by international media. For example, films, TVs and magzines are all crucial for people's after-work time, and all these diversifying modern lifestyle. Some people, however, maintain that international media has a negative impact on the local culture, which stands for humans' history and is the prerequist to historical advance. As for me, although its drambacks, i do believe the truth that international media has great many advantages undoutedly.
Of course, we have to admit the fact that due to the great influencial to global people, international media has rendered several minority cultures on the verge of extinction, which are national tresures. Moreover,accompanyng the development of media, many dwellers are going to abandon their regular lifestyles and resort to more comfortable and convennient modern media to relax themselves, which is really alarming to human beings onthe earth. As for me, however, er should not be blind to its benefits.
In modern society, it is not uncommon that the majority of workers are under constant pressure without ang interesting spare time, therefore, after arduous work, people need to relax through mass media. What is more, international media contributes more convenient and diversity life, which is not contained in traditional cultures. For example, we can keep pace with the lastest news through TV or internet. If people, who have long yearned to get news news at first time, fail to accept the widespread of media, it is not difficult to imagine that fresh news can only be informed in people's wildest dream.
All in all, only through international media, can people know the world to a large extent. Meanwhile, with the concerted efforts both from government and individuals, a suitable method should be mede to coordinate traditional culture and internetional media.
- The exposure to some international media, such as films, TVs and magzines, has a significant impact on the local culture. To what extent do you think the advantages outweight the disadvantages? (62.8571)
- The graph below shows the different modes of transport used to travel to and from work in one European city, in 1950,1970 and 1990. Write a report for a university lecture describing the information shown below. (57.5)
- The diagram below shows the avrage hours of unpaid work per week done by people in different categories.(Unpaid work refers to such categories as children in the home, housewoek and gardening) describe the information presented below, comparing results f. (60)
- The figure shows the percentages of employees in each occupation absent from work for at least one day in a reference week in 2001 due to injury or illness. Write a report for a university lecturer conveying the information in the graph. (73.33329999999999)
- This is a bar graph of the average age at first marriage of both men and women in the U.S. The red bar stands for women, and the blue bar stands for men. Write a report for a university lecturer conveying the information in the graph. (84.28570000000001)
- The exposure to some international media, such as films, TVs and magazines, has a significant impact on the local culture. To what exteny do you think the advantages outweigh the disadvantages? (66.66670000000001)
- In many countries, more and more young people are unable to find jobs after graduation.What problems do you think youth unemployment will cause to the individual and the society? What are the possible reasons? Make some suggestions. (82)
- The diagram below shows changes of educational backgrounds of employees of a company in 1991, 1996 and 2000. Write a report for the company's general manager describing the information shown in the diagram. (60)
- The two pie charts below show the daily water intake and output of the human body. Write a short report for a university lecturer conveying the information in the two pie charts. (80)
- The pie chart below shows the average way in which foreign students learning English in london spend their money over the course of a week. Write a short report for a university lecturer describing the information. (62.5)