GIVING DETAIL INFORMATION OF CRIMES IN NEWSPAPER AND ON TELEVISION HAS BAD CONSEQUENCES SOME SUGGEST THAT GOVERNMENT SHOULD IMPOSE SOME RESTRICTION ON THEM WHAT EXTENT YOU AGREE OR DISAGREE

It is true that the question of whether detailed crime reports on newspapers and televisions can have negative effects still remains a source of controversy. While I acknowledge that detailed crime reports are beneficial to a certain extent, I am of the opinion that these reports are more unfavorable. Therefore, I agree with this statement.

On the one hand, there is no doubt that detailed crime reports are favorable to a certain degree. The main advantage is that they can help individuals have relevantly suitable ways to protect themselves. No doubt, when being constantly updated with detailed crime events, people might develop a profound and comprehensive insight into the currently social status. As a result, they might be more conscious about the crime's well-being, then imposing appropriate ways to avoid being involved in crimes.

Notwithstanding the above-mentioned upside, it is true that detailed reports on crimes are disadvantageous. The major drawback is that they can exert adverse impacts on citizens’ mental well-being. Indeed, when being excessively exposed to the burgeoning amount of crime news, people are typically over-anxious about social safety. As a consequence, this may put individuals more susceptible to a wide range of mental illnesses, which then might wreak havoc on their health well-being. The second drawback is that detailed crime reports can ignite people’s negative perspectives against the government. In fact, in many cases, people have a tendency to blame all the crimes on the government when facing seriously severe crime cases; as a result, this can proportionally make people hold a grudge against the authorities, being skeptical of social safety.

In conclusion, while detailed crime reports can be beneficial to a certain extent because they help people have feasible approaches to protect themselves, I espouse the notion that these reports are unfavorable because they may spark people’s decline in mental health and citizens’ negative perspectives against the government.