The graph below shows in percentage terms the changing patterns of domestic access to more than technology in homes in the UK

The line graph depicts the proportion of technologies that are used by the UK's people from 1996 to 2003.

It is noticeable that all of those technologies had an increasing trend over the period given, while the CD player was by far the highest percentage for the over 7-year period.

From 1996 to 2001, the CD player grew up significantly at about one-fifth to achieve at nearly 80%. During the same period, the mobile phone had a significant change which was more than double at above 40%, while, at this time, the percentage of the home computer was less than the mobile phone. However, internet access was by far the least percentage compared to other technologies.

By 2003, the CD player had achieved the peak point at more than 80%, while the mobile phone user had increased significantly at nearly70%. By contrast, both the home computer and internet access rose steadily just under 40%.