Some people think secondary school students should study international news as one of their subjects Other people say this is a waste of valuable school time Discuss both these views and give your own opinion

Thanks to technological improvement, what decades ago seemed to be impossibile, has nowadays become commonplace. From the dawn of the time to the Internet Era, the way neas is shared has undergone dramatic changes: if delivering news took in the past many days, today we can receive news from all over the world in a matter of seconds. Foreing affairs has bcome a such important part of our day to day life, that some people claim that it should be integrated in secondary school curriculum. On the other hand,others point out that students should use their precious time by focusing on traditional subjects,like maths or science. From my point of view, there are no downside to spending time in reading international news, since this practice can, quite the opposite, bring several benefits to the students.
First of all, reading news from foreing countries is an incredible boost to learn geography, customs and earmarks of a land. Like travelling, showing interesting in the events which take place far from home, can open the mind and make people aware of the hottest problems arounf the world.
Secondly, articles and reports are a tremendous weapon when it comes to learning a nwe language. For example, students can take advantage of hearing professional anchors on TV to improve their accent and listening skills. I think therefore that international news should be actively used by teachers who teach a foreing language, because the effort will pay off and have a positive impact on the perormance of the students.
In conclusion, I do not consider studying international news a waste of time, in the light of the fact that several advantgages are imbedded in this activity, like strenghtening knowledge about the geography, the history and the language of foreing countries.