The table below shows the proportion of different categories of families living in poverty in Australia in 1999. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

A research about the number of families living in poverty in Australia in 1999 was undertaken. These families were split into several clusters and counted based on their percentage and number in the same group. The main purpose of this research was to observe their proportion which was described in two forms, percentages and numbers.

Apropos to the table, all households involved in this research were 1,837,000 which projected 11% of families in Australia. The categories of family both single with no children and sole parent were higher than other groups which reached 19% and 21% respectively. This was then followed by family type couple with children by 12%. There was no significant differences among these groups, that are, single aged person (6%), aged couple (4%), and couple with no children (7%).

It should be remarkably noted that the higher percentage did not fully mean the higher their number. For instance, sole parent whose percentage is by 21% (the highest percentage) had the proportion which reached 232,000. On the other hand, the number of couple with no children whose its percentage was only 12% was much higher than previous group, that was, 933,000.

To sum up, single or couple did not influence the proportion of poverty. It was probably caused by their circumstances where they live.

Sentence: On the other hand, the number of couple with no children whose its percentage was only 12% was much higher than previous group, that was, 933,000.
Suggestion: On the other hand, the number of couple with no children whose percentage was only 12% was much higher than that of the previous group, that was, 933,000.

Check out how to use 'whose' and '...er...than...' online.