Essay topics: Today , the high sales of popular consumer goods reflect the power of advertising and not the real needs of the society in which they are sold. To what extend do you agree or disagree?
In today modern world and technology, mass communication can be carried out easily. This leads to the emergence of advertisement. Some people believe that selling products are also much easier now, however some others say that products sold are only dependant on the consumers’ needs. In my opinion, I believe that advertisement of sales to a certain degree; but mostly rely on the needs of the society.
Advertisements of certain products, allow it to become well-known due to its frequent appearance in public such as TV and Newspapers. They can also persuade or con consumers to buy their products, and this is often successful on naive customers. Therefore, it results in boosting sales of the products.
However, it should be taken into consideration that majority of the consumers only buy what they need due to financial reasons. Most of consumers compare qualities, prices and their need for the items. For instance, Apple IPhones are relatively popular throughout the world, even though they do minimal of advertising. What explains its huge success is the phone itself. The smart phones provide a sensitive touchscreen and multi-tasking abilities, which were lack in the market back then. Therefore, the phones sold rapidly due to the markets demand for such phones. Furthermore, other essential home products such as Televisions, stoves or refrigerator, are of high sales because, it is solely based on the needs of the consumers. These prove that sales are more based on the products and the demand for it.
In conclusion, I think that the power of advertisements only play a small role in the boosts of sales of products, but when it comes down to buying the goods, consumers do have many other considerations to make , especially if the items are of good use to them . Therefore, the needs of the society are definitely reflected on sales.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|2 days 9 hours ago||hbeikeli||56||Read full essay|
|4 weeks 1 day ago||EugeneDubinchuk||57||Read full essay|
|1 month 6 days ago||Ha su jeong||61||Read full essay|
|2 months 4 days ago||hbeikeli||61||Read full essay|
|2 months 2 weeks ago||Rahi||78||Read full essay|
|3 months 2 weeks ago||trangh16688||56||Read full essay|
|5 months 6 days ago||David777||78||Read full essay|
|6 months 4 days ago||fadijaved||73||Read full essay|
|7 months 3 weeks ago||xun||64||Read full essay|
|7 months 3 weeks ago||Yolanda Wang||84||Read full essay|
- Today , the high sales of popular consumer goods reflect the power of advertising and not the real needs of the society in which they are sold. To what extend do you agree or disagree? (78)
- Some people think that a sense of competition in children should be encouraged . Others believe that children who are taught to co-operate rather than compete become more useful adults . Discuss both these views and give your own opinion (64.5455)
- When a country develops its technology , the traditional skills and ways of life die out. It is pointless to try and keep them alive . To what extend do you agree or disagree? (39.1667)
- The diagrams below show the life cycle of the silkworm and the stages in the production of silk cloth.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features , and make comparisons where relevant. (83.33329999999999)
- The chart shows the number of mobile phones and landlines per 100 people in selected countries.Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information given (60)
- A government;s role is only to provide defense capability and urban infrastructure (road , water supplies...). All other services ( education , health , social security) should be provided by private groups or individuals in the community. To what extend (65.4545)
- Some people think that universities should provide graduates with the knowledge and skills needed in the workplace. Others think that the true function of a university should be to give access to knowledge for its own sake, regardless of whether the cours (72.5)