The first chart below shows how energy is used in an average Australian household. The second chart shows the greenhouse gas emission which result from this energy use.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make compar

The first chart below shows how energy is used in an average Australian household. The second chart shows the greenhouse gas emission which result from this energy use.

Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

The upper chart illustrates the percentage of energy used in an average Australian household. The lower chart demonstrates the percentage of greenhouse gas emission resulting from this use of energy in an Australian household.

Overall, heating represents the higher proportion of energy use, with 42% of total, whereas the greenhouse gas emission resultant from heating is not the predominant when compared to the others.

The sum of heating (42%) and water heating (30%) is almost two-thirds of the household energy use in Australia. The other on-third consuming energy are represented by other appliances (15%), refrigeration (7%), lightning (4%) and cooling (2%).

Observing the numbers for greenhouse gas emission produced by each category of energy use, most of this emission is caused by heating (32%) and other appliances (28%). As opposed to the energy use, heating represents only 15% of gas emission. In average, refrigeration, cooling and lightning emission gas is respectively 14%, 8% and 3%.

------------------